35. 10 (family) in cottage, 13 around courtyard, on ground floor.
lounge, 2 bars, 2 restaurants, crèche, free Wi-Fi, in-room TV (Sky, Freeview), civil wedding licence, 220-acre grounds (tennis, heated outdoor 8-metre swimming pool, children's play area, spa with 16-metre swimming pool).
all ages welcomed.
allowed in courtyard bedrooms, not in public rooms.
Amex, MasterCard, Visa.
 per room B&B from £249, D,B&B from £329. À la carte £40. 1-night bookings refused weekends.
VisitEngland Four Star Hotel
Good Hotel Guide Review
White-glove service may be the norm at any luxury hotel, but even the youngest guests receive white-mitten treatment at this exceptionally family-friendly spot. The 14th-century farmhouse, part of the small Calcot Hotels group, has an Ofsted-registered nursery, high teas and play areas; the vast countryside all around is ripe for exploration, with bicycles for all ages available to borrow. Dedicated accommodation for families includes thoughtful in-room touches such as blackout blinds and a baby-listening device. A group spanning three generations recently found the hotel ‘an inspired choice’: ‘The staff were friendly and helpful; the lounges well appointed; the gardens admirable. We all enjoyed using the spa.’ ‘Comfortable’ bedrooms – each fresh and modern-rustic – have magazines, fresh fruit, biscuits and all the latest tech. (Child-free guests might prefer to book a room in the main house.) In the Conservatory restaurant, sit down to modern meals including inspired vegetarian options, perhaps peppered couscous, vegetable bhajis, aubergine and chilli chutney, wild garlic flat bread. Breakfast is ‘top of the class’. This hotel is a member of Pride of Britain hotels.
- Visit Britain: 10 utterly romantic hotels to stay in the UK
- The Lady: 10 hotels spas for a January detox
- The Independent: Ten of Britain’s best family friendly hotels
- Welcome to the Cotswolds: A ‘Good Hotel Guide’ to some of the best hotels in the Cotswolds
- The Independent: Britain’s best spa hotels
- MSN Travel: The 10 Best UK Hotels For A Family Holiday
- MSN Travel: The UK’s top 10 luxury spa hotels