Featured hotels with Special Offers
Hotels in Cumbria
Cuckoo Brow Inn - 2 Night Break With Dinner on the First Night - £90 per person
Rothay Manor - 20% Discount Special Offer
Lindeth Fell - Summer Discount Special Offer
Ees Wyke Country House - Two Night Break Special Offer
Cedar Manor - Midweek Break Special Offer
Brownber Hall - 10% Discount Midweek Special Offer
More hotels in Cumbria
Hotels in Cumbria
‘This continues to be a very dependable oasis,’ writes a trusted reader and regular visitor to this country house hotel (Relais & Châteaux), between the North Pennines Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and Hadrian’s Wall World Heritage site.
‘It’s difficult to pinpoint what makes this hotel so special.’ Atop a winding driveway, this Gothic pile is ‘light, airy, full of boutiquey charm – and, naturally, has delightful views across Grasmere’.
- Best wedding hotels in Cumbria
- Best spa hotels in Cumbria
- Best family friendly hotels in Cumbria
- Best hotels for walking in Cumbria
- Best romantic hotels in Cumbria
- Best dog friendly hotels in Cumbria
- Best hotels with fishing in Cumbria
- Best restaurants with rooms in Cumbria
- Best country house hotels in Cumbria
- Best gastro pubs with rooms in Cumbria
- Cumbria hotels with pools
- Hotels for Christmas in Cumbria
- Hotels for New Years Eve in Cumbria
- Hotels for Valentine’s Day in Cumbria
- Best gourmet hotels in Cumbria
Boutique hotels, B&Bs, luxury country houses, inns, restaurants with rooms
With its lakes, fells and mountains, this is one of the most beautiful places in Britain. Cumbria is a mainly rural county and includes the whole of the Lake District, also known as The Lakes or Lakeland, the Eden Valley, the North Pennines, the Furness Peninsula, and part of the Yorkshire Dales.
Japanese visitors love the Lake District because of Peter Rabbit (Beatrix Potter lived in the area) and cream teas. The main bases are Keswick in the north, Windermere and Bowness in the south. Cockermouth and Coniston are less touristy.
Hotel accommodation ranges from luxurious and expensive to simple if sometimes quite basic and there are lots of youth hostels. Much of this national park is administered by the National Trust. Visit Wordsworth’s Dove Cottage and museum in Ambleside, and the family’s graves at St Oswald’s church in Grasmere.
Good Hotel Guide gift vouchers make an ideal Christmas, birthday or wedding present. You can make a gift of any monetary value from £100-£1,000. It also comes with a free copy of the Guide.Buy Gift Voucher