Featured hotels with Special Offers
Hotels in Sussex
Park House, Hotel & Spa - Sunday Spa Break Special Offer
Jeake’s House - Weekly Discount Special Offer
The Gallivant - Midweek Spa Escape
Drakes - 'Romantic Stay and Dine Getaway in Brighton' Special Offer
The Cat Inn - Two Nights for the Price of One Special Offer
More hotels in Sussex
Hotels in Sussex
Perennial visitors reported ‘a warm welcome’ from Clive James and David Stott at their restaurant-with-rooms – ‘a cherished institution to many Glyndebourne regulars’ – at the foot of the South Downs.
Facing the ‘wide sweep of tidal mudflats’ surrounding Pagham Harbour, this whitewashed restaurant-with-rooms stands as a ‘tucked-away’ beacon of ‘delicious food’ and ‘exceptional hospitality’.
‘Great place. Wonderful breakfast.’ A thumbs-up this year from visitors to David and Barbara Shaw’s unusual B&B, at a decommissioned granite lighthouse in a ‘dramatic, empty landscape’, in the South Downs national park.
Ahead of the curve, Susan and Roger Marlowe’s characterful B&B within the East Cliff conservation area has long been a bastion of sustainable practices and high-quality, locally sourced organic food.
- Best wedding venue hotels in Sussex
- Best spa hotels in Sussex
- Best family friendly hotels in Sussex
- Best hotels for walking in Sussex
- Best romantic hotels in Sussex
- Best dog friendly hotels in Sussex
- Best hotels with fishing in Sussex
- Best restaurants with rooms in Sussex
- Best country house hotels in Sussex
- Best gastro pubs with rooms in Sussex
- Sussex hotels with pools
- Hotels for Christmas in Sussex
- Hotels for New Years Eve in Sussex
- Hotels for Valentine’s Day in Sussex
- Best gourmet hotels in Sussex
- Hotels with disabled facilities in Sussex
Hotels near tourist attractions
- Hotels near Amex Stadium, Brighton
- Hotels near the Glyndebourne Festival
- Hotels near Seven Sisters, Birling Gap
- Hotels near Nymans, Sussex
- Hotels near Gatwick Airport
- Hotels near Petworth House
- Hotels near Goodwood House & Motor Circuit
- Hotels near Chartwell Country House
- Hotels near Bodiam Castle
- Hotels near RHS Garden Wisley
- Hotels near Chessington World of Adventures
- Hotels near Sandown Park
Striking coastline, a vast national park and historic towns
Attractions include Battle Abbey with its poignant evocation of the Battle of Hastings, Brighton with its long shingle beach and Prinny’s famous Pavilion which encapsulates the raffishness of the Regency age. Spa hotels, country hotels, charming restaurants-with-rooms and tasteful B&Bs all make up the independently-reviewed Good Hotel Guide’s accommodation in Sussex.
While in the pretty county, vsit the ancient towns of Winchelsea (where Spike Milligan is buried) and Chichester, the market town of Lewes, Rye (once a Cinque Port, now far inland) with its half-timbered medieval buildings lining cobbled streets, and literary associations with Henry James and EF Benson, Arundel and Leeds castles, Ightham Mote, Winston Churchill’s home, Chartwell, Glyndebourne opera house and Charlston Farmhouse (embellished by the Bloomsbury group). Also visit the seaside town of Eastbourne. Walk, cycle or ride a horse in the vast, newly opened South Downs national park. See our recommended hotels on the South Downs.
Good Hotel Guide gift vouchers make an ideal Christmas, birthday or wedding present. You can make a gift of any monetary value from £100-£1,000. It also comes with a free copy of the Guide.Buy Gift Voucher