Featured hotels with Special Offers
Hotels in Somerset
Little Barwick House - Midweek Sparkler Offer
The Queensberry - Gourmet Getaway Special Offer
Stoberry House - Autumn Midweek Special
The Talbot Inn - Room Upgrade
No.15 Great Pulteney - Spa Retreat Special Offer
More hotels in Somerset
Hotels in Somerset
Black swans glide on the lake in the garden; sun pours in through Venetian windows. Here, perched on a lynch, or ridge, above the Cary river valley, is a classic Georgian country house run as a B&B with ‘a touch of class’.
‘A close approximation to perfection.’ Long-time fans praise John and Jane Bradley’s ‘peaceful, hugely enjoyable’ Edwardian hunting lodge, with ‘beautiful views’ towards the summit of Dunkery Beacon.
A total revamp of this 16th-century pub-with-rooms, in a village on the edge of the Somerset Levels, has exposed stone walls, left wooden floors bare and unveiled patchwork tiling, resulting in a contemporary, rustic-chic look throughout.
- Hotel wedding venues in Somerset
- Best wedding hotel venues in Somerset
- Best family friendly hotels in Somerset
- Best hotels for walking in Somerset
- Best romantic hotels in Somerset
- Best dog friendly hotels in Somerset
- Best hotels with fishing in Somerset
- Best restaurants with rooms in Somerset
- Best country house hotels in Somerset
- Best gastro pubs with rooms in Somerset
Hotels near tourist attractions
- Hotels near Longleat Safari Park
- Hotels near Bristol Airport
- Hotels near the Glastonbury Festival
- Hotels near Stourhead, Wiltshire
- Hotels near Highgrove House and Gardens
- Hotels near Avebury Stone Circle
- Hotels near Stonehenge
- Hotels near the Chalke Valley History Festival
- Hotels near Ashdown House
- Hotels near Cheltenham Racecourse
- Hotels near Kingston Lacy
Hotels, B&Bs, country houses, inns, restaurants with rooms
Somerset has rolling hills, beautiful gardens and historic jewels. There’s the perfect countryside for rambling or walking, including the beautiful coastline around Porlock Bay and Exmoor’s majestic wildness. There are historic houses including Dunster Castle and Coleridge Cottage (the poet Samuel Coleridge’s home), picturesque towns including Somerton and Dunster – worth visiting for a relaxing potter around – and charming Wells, the smallest city in the UK. Bath’s beautiful architecture and history and Bristol’s vibrant arts scene make these ideal for a hotel break.
GHG offers 31 selected hostels in Somerset – an eclectic mix of unusual, luxury and boutique hotels, from quaint converted cottages to majestic castles. While in the cider-producing county visit Glastonbury, not for the festival, but to climb the iconic tor and visit the ancient abbey. Cheddar Gorge is a popular tourist spot with two interesting caves to visit and a museum telling the story of the ancient site.
For holiday ideas in Somerset, see VisitEngland
Good Hotel Guide gift vouchers make an ideal Christmas, birthday or wedding present. You can make a gift of any monetary value from £100-£1,000. It also comes with a free copy of the Guide.Buy Gift Voucher