Featured hotels with Special Offers
Hotels in Dorset
Castleman - Midweek Special Offer
The Eastbury Hotel - Sunday Sleepover Special Offer
The Green House - £50 Per Room Per Night Special Offer
More hotels in Dorset
Hotels in Dorset
In March 2018, the then owners sold what was then Bridge House to Silvana Bandini and Chris Staines, she a former general manager at The Pig near Bath, he one-time executive chef at the Abbey Hotel, Bath.
‘One for traditionalists,’ write trusted Guide readers, of this child-friendly, dog-friendly Jacobean ancestral home in Thomas Hardy country, run by owners Richard and Brian Prideaux-Brune, with Richard’s wife, Alison.
Surrounded by woodland and fields in the heart of Hardy’s Wessex, Jamie and Ariane Jones’s ‘olde-worlde’ thatched hotel, once home to the local shepherd, offers ‘a charming and very comfortable stay’.
In a hilltop market town familiar from Ridley Scott’s classic Hovis ad (Dvořák, New World Symphony, brass band), this restaurant-with-rooms, launched in 1991, is as good today as it has always been.
White walls, pleasant staff, bright sunshine, blue, blue sky, sparkling sea just over the road…’ For one reader this year, everything hit the spot at this cool small hotel overlooking Lyme Bay.
‘A handsome Georgian house’ and former coaching inn, overlooking the River Stour meadows in a market town, is today ‘a very pleasant hotel’ with ‘lovely staff'.
- Hotel wedding venues in Dorset
- Best wedding hotel venues in Dorset
- Best spa hotels in Dorset
- Best family friendly hotels in Dorset
- Best hotels for walking in Dorset
- Best romantic hotels in Dorset
- Best dog friendly hotels in Dorset
- Best hotels with fishing in Dorset
- Best restaurants with rooms in Dorset
- Best country house hotels in Dorset
- Best gastro pubs with rooms in Dorset
- Hotels for Christmas in Dorset
- Hotels for New Years Eve in Dorset
- Hotels for Valentine’s Day in Dorset
- Hotels by the sea in Dorset
- Best gourmet hotels in Dorset
Hotels near tourist attractions
- Hotels near the Chalke Valley History Festival
- Hotels near Kingston Lacy
- Hotels near Stourhead, Wiltshire
- Hotels near Longleat Safari Park
- Hotels near Stonehenge
- Hotels near Corfe Castle
- Hotels near the Glastonbury Festival
- Hotels near Avebury Stone Circle
- Hotels near Bristol Airport
- Hotels near the Cowes Week, Isle of Wight
- Hotels near Highgrove House and Gardens
- Hotels near Portchester Castle
- Hotels near Ashdown House
Hotels, B&Bs, country houses, inns, restaurants with rooms
Lyme Regis with its Cobb, described in The French Lieutenant’s Woman and Persuasion. Famous beaches include Chesil Beach, Lulworth Cove and Durdle Door,
Wonderful meals and personal service await at the Good Hotel Guide hotels in Dorset. Choose from seaside locations, thatched countryside retreats and smart townhouse-style hotels – or indeed combine a stay to experience a true sense of Dorsetlife. And don’t forget our hotels in the New Forest. Other places to see in this interesting county include Dorchester – Hardy’s Casterbridge (his cottage is at Higher Bockhampton). Near Cerne Abbas is the priapic giant carved into a hillside. Historic buildings include Christchurch Priory, Sherborne abbey church and Wimborne Minster. Tolpuddle remembers its martyrs with a memorial, Maiden Castle is a vast prehistoric earthwork with stunning views. Visit the ancient Swannery at Abbotsbury, and the Prince of Wales’s purpose-built town of Poundbury.
For holiday ideas in Dorset, please see VisitEngland
Good Hotel Guide gift vouchers make an ideal Christmas, birthday or wedding present. You can make a gift of any monetary value from £100-£1,000. It also comes with a free copy of the Guide.Buy Gift Voucher