Featured hotels with Special Offers
Hotels in Dorset
Castleman - Midweek Special Offer
More hotels in Dorset
Hotels in Dorset
Richard and Brian Prideaux-Brune, with Richard’s wife, Alison, run their Jacobean ancestral home as a characterful – some say eccentric – hotel where guests are ‘cosseted and cared for’ by ‘charming staff’.
‘The setting, ambience and gardens are possibly the most attractive of any hotel we’ve stayed in, anywhere,’ writes a Guide reader this year of the Turner family’s country hotel, in a 16th-century priory on the River Frome.
Just the ticket for ‘young children and their exhausted parents’, this Georgian manor house stands in ‘beautiful, romantic’ countryside. It has a ‘friendly, relaxed’ atmosphere that’s ‘really geared for kids’.
Mary-Lou Sturridge and Tony Mackintosh (late of London’s Groucho Club) have turned a once-derelict B&B into a ‘laid-back but sophisticated’ restaurant-with-rooms within sound of the waves.
- Hotel wedding venues in Dorset
- Best wedding hotel venues in Dorset
- Best spa hotels in Dorset
- Best family friendly hotels in Dorset
- Best hotels for walking in Dorset
- Best romantic hotels in Dorset
- Best dog friendly hotels in Dorset
- Best hotels with fishing in Dorset
- Best restaurants with rooms in Dorset
- Best country house hotels in Dorset
- Best gastro pubs with rooms in Dorset
Hotels near tourist attractions
- Hotels near the Chalke Valley History Festival
- Hotels near Kingston Lacy
- Hotels near Stourhead, Wiltshire
- Hotels near Longleat Safari Park
- Hotels near Stonehenge
- Hotels near Corfe Castle
- Hotels near the Glastonbury Festival
- Hotels near Avebury Stone Circle
- Hotels near Bristol Airport
- Hotels near the Cowes Week, Isle of Wight
- Hotels near Highgrove House and Gardens
- Hotels near Middleham Castle
- Hotels near Portchester Castle
- Hotels near Ashdown House
Hotels, B&Bs, country houses, inns, restaurants with rooms
Lyme Regis with its Cobb, described in The French Lieutenant’s Woman and Persuasion. Famous beaches include Chesil Beach, Lulworth Cove and Durdle Door,
Wonderful meals and personal service await at the Good Hotel Guide hotels in Dorset. Choose from seaside locations, thatched countryside retreats and smart townhouse-style hotels – or indeed combine a stay to experience a true sense of Dorsetlife. And don’t forget our hotels in the New Forest. Other places to see in this interesting county include Dorchester – Hardy’s Casterbridge (his cottage is at Higher Bockhampton). Near Cerne Abbas is the priapic giant carved into a hillside. Historic buildings include Christchurch Priory, Sherborne abbey church and Wimborne Minster. Tolpuddle remembers its martyrs with a memorial, Maiden Castle is a vast prehistoric earthwork with stunning views. Visit the ancient Swannery at Abbotsbury, and the Prince of Wales’s purpose-built town of Poundbury.
For holiday ideas in Dorset, please see VisitEngland
Good Hotel Guide gift vouchers make an ideal Christmas, birthday or wedding present. You can make a gift of any monetary value from £100-£1,000. It also comes with a free copy of the Guide.Buy Gift Voucher