Featured hotels with Special Offers
Hotels in the West Country
Little Barwick House - Midweek Sparkler Offer
The Queensberry - 10% book direct money back guarantee
Treglos Hotel - Four-night Dinner, Bed & Breakfast Special Offer
Lewtrenchard Manor - Summer Escape Special Offer
Soar Mill Cove Hotel - September midweek Special Offer
The Nare - Espionage Adventure Special Offer
Castleman - Midweek Special Offer
Widbrook Grange - £199 per room Sunday Special Offer
The Horn of Plenty - Taste of Autumn
Mullion Cove Hotel - Spring and Summer Garden Break Special Offer
The Cary Arms
Stoberry House - Autumn Midweek Special
The Beckford Arms - Room Upgrade
Pendragon Country House - Two and Three Nights
The Talbot Inn - Room Upgrade
No.15 Great Pulteney - Spa Retreat Special Offer
Whatley Manor - Mid-Week Spa & Stay Offer
Watersmeet - Winter Indulgence Break
Pebble House - 5th Birthday Celebration Special Offer
The Compasses Inn
More hotels in the West Country
Hotels in the West Country
Richard and Brian Prideaux-Brune, with Richard’s wife, Alison, run their Jacobean ancestral home as a characterful – some say eccentric – hotel where guests are ‘cosseted and cared for’ by ‘charming staff’.
A spirit of fun flits about Teresa and Kevin O’Sullivan’s cliff-top hotel, from the sub-tropical sculpture garden full of surprises (‘you feel like Alice walking into Wonderland’) to the ‘delightfully humorous artwork scattered throughout’.
‘The setting, ambience and gardens are possibly the most attractive of any hotel we’ve stayed in, anywhere,’ writes a Guide reader this year of the Turner family’s country hotel, in a 16th-century priory on the River Frome.
Black swans glide on the lake in the garden; sun pours in through Venetian windows. Here, perched on a lynch, or ridge, above the Cary river valley, is a classic Georgian country house run as a B&B with ‘a touch of class’.
The Pear Tree at Purton closed down on January 2nd, 2018. It has had an entry in the Guide for many years. Anne Young, the owner, who has retired after more than 30 years helping customers, says: 'making happy memories for guests has been a pleasure.'
There’s no escaping the sweep of the sea at this ‘really super hotel’ above Falmouth Bay: a wraparound deck catches the sun; French doors in the restaurant open on to terraces; nearly all the bedrooms look across the water towards St Anthony’s lighthouse.
- Special offers in the West Country
- Best wedding hotels in West Country
- Best spa hotels in West Country
- Best family friendly hotels in West Country
- Best hotels for walking in West Country
- Best romantic hotels in West Country
- Best dog friendly hotels in West Country
- Best hotels with fishing in West Country
- Best restaurants with rooms in West Country
- Best country house hotels in West Country
- Best gastro pubs with rooms in West Country
- Hotels with pools in the West Country
Hotels near tourist attractions
- Hotels near Buckland Abbey
- Hotels near the RHS Garden Rosemoor
- Hotels near Tintagel Castle
- Hotels near the Eden Project, Cornwall
- Hotels near Paignton Zoo
- Hotels near Polzeath Beach
- Hotels near Lost Gardens of Heligan
- Hotels near Killerton Country House
- Hotels near Exmoor National Park
- Hotels near Trengwainton Garden, Cornwall
- Hotels near Land's End, Cornwall
- Hotels near the Glastonbury Festival
- Hotels near Bristol Airport
- Hotels near Carreg Cennen Castle
- Hotels near Stourhead, Wiltshire
Dorset, Wiltshire, Somerset, Devon and Cornwall are the favourite holiday destinations for millions of Britons and foreign tourists. With stunning beaches, superb coastal walks, and picturesque fishing villages, the West Country offers a splendid way to chill out and relax. The Cornish fishing villages of St, Ives, Polperro and Padstow, the stark beauty of Dartmoor, the town of Dartmouth, and the Devon lighthouses are all great attractions. And of course the beautiful roman town of Bath.
The directory below presents some of the Good Hotel Guide‘s selected Hotels in the West Country.