Featured hotels with Special Offers
Hotels in the West Country
Little Barwick House - Midweek Sparkler Offer
The Horn of Plenty - Two Night Signature Tasting Menu Getaway Special Offer
Lewtrenchard Manor - Winter Sale Special Offer
Soar Mill Cove Hotel - 40% Discount 40th Anniversary Special Offer
The Nare - Complimentary Spa Treatment Special Offer
Castleman - Midweek Special Offer
Widbrook Grange - £199 per room Sunday Special Offer
Stoberry House - Autumn and Winter Three Night Special Offer
Mullion Cove Hotel - 'Third Night Free' Special Offer
Cary Arms & Spa - Two Nights for the Price of One Special Offer
Pendragon Country House - Two and Three Nights
Watersmeet - Ramblers Package Special Offer
Pentillie Castle - Three for Two Early Spring Special Offer
The Compasses Inn
More hotels in the West Country
Hotels in the West Country
‘We only called in for coffee, but were shown around by enthusiastic staff… and came away thinking what a wonderful place.’ A reader was impressed by this Georgian country house hotel, set back from the road, in lovely gardens.
You might find Cornish lamb on the menu at Rick and Jill Stein’s flagship venture in a harbour town on the Camel estuary, but it is for fish and shellfish that fans have come here since Stein transformed a dodgy nightclub into a basic hotel in 1975.
‘One for traditionalists,’ write trusted Guide readers, of this child-friendly, dog-friendly Jacobean ancestral home in Thomas Hardy country, run by owners Richard and Brian Prideaux-Brune, with Richard’s wife, Alison.
‘We did 14 miles over the moor today and are now pleasantly weary. It is a great place, very sad and wild,’ reads a letter – not from a Guide reader, but from Arthur Conan Doyle, said to have been inspired to write The Hound of the Baskervilles while staying at this 18th-century manor house.
A consortium headed by Office Space in Town has just acquired hotel space in Devon. This gleaming white Art Deco hotel on a tidal island, sold by its former owners after 17 years, is undergoing a multi-million-pound make-over,
‘The situation, the view and interior are all marvellous,’ writes a reader this year, of Karen and David Richards’s ‘superb hotel’ (Relais & Château) right by the harbour wall in a fishing village on the Roseland peninsula.
- Special offers in the West Country
- Best wedding hotels in West Country
- Best spa hotels in West Country
- Best family friendly hotels in West Country
- Best hotels for walking in West Country
- Best romantic hotels in West Country
- Best hotels with fishing in West Country
- Best restaurants with rooms in West Country
- Best country house hotels in West Country
- Best gastro pubs with rooms in West Country
- Hotels with pools in the West Country
- Hotels for New Years Eve in West Country
Hotels near tourist attractions
- Hotels near Lost Gardens of Heligan
- Hotels near the Eden Project, Cornwall
- Hotels near Trengwainton Garden, Cornwall
- Hotels near Polzeath Beach
- Hotels near Land's End, Cornwall
- Hotels near Tintagel Castle
- Hotels near Buckland Abbey
- Hotels near Paignton Zoo
- Hotels near the RHS Garden Rosemoor
- Hotels near Killerton Country House
- Hotels near Exmoor National Park
Dorset, Wiltshire, Somerset, Devon and Cornwall are the favourite holiday destinations for millions of Britons and foreign tourists. With stunning beaches, superb coastal walks, and picturesque fishing villages, the West Country offers a splendid way to chill out and relax. The Cornish fishing villages of St, Ives, Polperro and Padstow, the stark beauty of Dartmoor, the town of Dartmouth, and the Devon lighthouses are all great attractions. And of course the beautiful roman town of Bath.
The directory below presents some of the Good Hotel Guide‘s selected Hotels in the West Country.