Featured hotels with Special Offers
Hotels in the West Country
Little Barwick House - Midweek Sparkler Offer
The Horn of Plenty - Two Night Signature Tasting Menu Getaway Special Offer
Lewtrenchard Manor - Autumn Retreat Special Offer
Soar Mill Cove Hotel - 3 Nights for the Price of 2 Special Offer
The Nare - 'Coastal Walking' Special Offer
Bedruthan Hotel and Spa - Complimentary Lunch Special Offer
The Scarlet - Complimentary Wine Flight Special Offer
Cary Arms & Spa - 'Audacious October' £190 per Room per Night Special Offer
Stoberry House - Autumn and Winter Four for Three Night Special Offer
The Eastbury Hotel - Three Nights for the Price of Two Special Offer
Southernhay House - 'Free Welcome Glass of Fizz' Special Offer
Woolley Grange - Autumn Break Special Offer
Castleman - Midweek Special Offer
Dart Marina - Indulgence Break Special Offer
Pendragon Country House - Two and Three Night Special Offer
The Castle at Taunton - Three-night Romantic Mini-Break Special Offer from £500 per couple
The Green House - £50 Per Room Per Night Special Offer
Pentillie Castle - Exclusive Hire Stays Special Offer
Grove Lodge - 3-for-2 Midweek Stay Special Offer
The Compasses Inn
More hotels in the West Country
Hotels in the West Country
Flower decked without, welcoming within, this 'excellent' village pub, contrived from three former miners’ cottages, is liked by readers flying out of nearby Bristol Airport.
Built into a hillside on a tidal island, this sleek, white, concrete hotel has a seagoing aspect. Built in 1929 for a wealthy industrialist, it hosted the likes of Nancy Cunard, Noël Coward and Josephine Baker.
'Such a romantic spot.’ Deep in the Nadder valley, amid narrow country lanes that are ‘a pleasure to get lost in’, this 17th-century house is owned by Grahame and Prue Senior and Simon and Charlotte Greenwood.
The ‘attentive hosts’, ‘friendly’ ambience and the ‘very beautiful’ situation are the standouts at this Georgian rectory in ‘what must be one of the most tranquil places in the whole country’.
‘An example of how really good management can make a stay memorable,’ writes a Guide regular this year, after visiting Ariane and Jamie Jones’s small thatched hotel in the heart of Thomas Hardy country.
‘An eligible, self-contained gentleman’s residence, very unique. . . with every modern convenience. . .’ So Kenneth Graham describes Toad Hall, which he modelled on this Victorian mansion, a baroque extravaganza with sumptuous interiors, overlooking the Fowey estuary.
- Special offers in the West Country
- Best wedding hotels in West Country
- Best spa hotels in West Country
- Best family friendly hotels in West Country
- Best hotels for walking in West Country
- Best romantic hotels in West Country
- Best hotels with fishing in West Country
- Best restaurants with rooms in West Country
- Best country house hotels in West Country
- Best gastro pubs with rooms in West Country
- Hotels with pools in the West Country
- Hotels for New Years Eve in West Country
Hotels near tourist attractions
- Hotels near the Eden Project, Cornwall
- Hotels near Lost Gardens of Heligan
- Hotels near Polzeath Beach
- Hotels near Tintagel Castle
- Hotels near Buckland Abbey
- Hotels near Trengwainton Garden, Cornwall
- Hotels near Paignton Zoo
- Hotels near the RHS Garden Rosemoor
- Hotels near Land's End, Cornwall
- Hotels near Killerton Country House
- Hotels near Exmoor National Park
Dorset, Wiltshire, Somerset, Devon and Cornwall are the favourite holiday destinations for millions of Britons and foreign tourists. With stunning beaches, superb coastal walks, and picturesque fishing villages, the West Country offers a splendid way to chill out and relax. The Cornish fishing villages of St, Ives, Polperro and Padstow, the stark beauty of Dartmoor, the town of Dartmouth, and the Devon lighthouses are all great attractions. And of course the beautiful roman town of Bath.
The directory below presents some of the Good Hotel Guide‘s selected Hotels in the West Country.