Best romantic hotels in Dorset
The Priory - Gin Stay Package Special Offer
There’s certainly nothing monastic about the rooms in this much-loved hotel, standing in four acres of lovely grounds bordered by the River Frome beside the Saxon priory church.
'It's ‘fiercely expensive’, but this Relais & Châteaux hotel in a chocolate-box village doesn’t stint on the traditional country house luxuries, drapes, stripes, sofas and chandeliers, florals, antiques, paintings.
From £60 per night
Eclectic menus and stellar cooking are a big attraction at this 14th-century clergy house, now a restaurant-led hotel with recently renovated bedrooms that combine pale paint finishes with designer wallpaper.
The Pig on the Beach
There is a hint of Castle Gormenghast about this fairytale 1820s marine villa, with its jumble of roofs, gables, gargoyles, towers and dormers, in gardens running down to a sandy beach.
Dorset House describes itself as a ‘breakfast with rooms’, which is a clue that the morning feast in this eco-friendly, cream-washed Georgian house is a bit out of the ordinary.
Other hotels in this group
- Best romantic hotels
- Best romantic hotels in Sussex
- Best romantic hotels in Cumbria
- Best romantic hotels in London
- Best romantic hotels in Cotswolds
- Best romantic hotels in North East
- Best romantic hotels in Yorkshire
- Best romantic hotels in East Anglia
- Best romantic hotels in South East
- Best romantic hotels in Cornwall