Best wedding hotel venues in Dorset
White walls, pleasant staff, bright sunshine, blue, blue sky, sparkling sea just over the road…’ For one reader this year, everything hit the spot at this cool small hotel overlooking Lyme Bay.
Other hotels in this group
- Best wedding hotels
- Hotel wedding venues in Scotland
- Best wedding venue hotels in Wales
- Best wedding venue hotels in Midlands
- Best wedding venue hotels in North West
- Best wedding hotel venues in Kent
- Best wedding hotels in West Country
- Best hotel wedding venues in North East
- Best wedding hotels in South East
- Best wedding hotels in Norfolk
- Hotels in Dorset
- Hotel wedding venues in Dorset
- Best spa hotels in Dorset
- Best family friendly hotels in Dorset
- Best hotels for walking in Dorset
- Best romantic hotels in Dorset
- Best dog friendly hotels in Dorset
- Best hotels with fishing in Dorset
- Best restaurants with rooms in Dorset
- Best country house hotels in Dorset
Where to find your wedding venue in Dorset
As far as scenic variety goes, Dorset has it all. A playground of beaches, unspoiled countryside, coastal views, forests and picturesque towns and villages, it has a wealth of options to offer all prospective brides and grooms to be on their wedding day.
Within easy reach of Exeter, London, Bristol, Cardiff and Southampton, Dorset is home to historic castles, country house hotels, chic towns and cities and lots of B&Bs to accommodate weddings guests not staying a the location of the main event.
Bournemouth, newly named as the UK’s destination spa location is particularly famous for its beautiful beaches and excellent hospitality at the likes of The Green House, a Grade II listed Victorian villa close to the seafront. Alternatively, the likes of The Eastbury Hotel off the main street in Sherborne capitalises on that sense of tradition that the area’s history bequeaths.
In addition to the gorgeous views and plentiful things to do in Dorset (we suggest you and your guests make a long weekend of your wedding and really enjoy the surroundings), the area has bountiful food and drink that’s produced in the surrounding area. An area built on creativity and artisan delicacies, particularly fish and other seafood, and bakes such as Dorset Apple cake.
Naturally this tradition of gastronomy translates into the hotel offerings, so whether you choose a country or city hotel for your big day, you can guarantee that everyone will go home well fed and watered and having experienced the best of what this lovely area has to offer.
Good Hotel Guide gift vouchers make an ideal Christmas, birthday or wedding present. You can make a gift of any monetary value from £100-£1,000. It also comes with a free copy of the Guide.Buy Gift Voucher