Best gourmet hotels in Ireland
Gregans Castle Hotel
‘Country house luxury’ abounds in this Georgian mansion, run by owners Simon Haden and Frederieke McMurray as a luxury hotel.
‘Utter comfort – a fire lit after breakfast in the drawing room, drinks from the bar when needed.’ An endorsement from a regular visitor, following another stay at this family-run hotel.
A ‘splendidly labyrinthine’ Victorian pile overlooking a lake, this castle in name only is Ireland’s brilliant riposte to the corporate blandness of many modern hotels.
In ‘beautifully maintained’ grounds, from orchards to a Japanese garden, Beryl and James Kearney’s early 17th-century mansion is ‘memorable for all the right reasons’, reports a Guide stalwart in 2019.
A tree’s length from medieval Carlingford, this pretty Georgian house sits in mature walled gardens.
The Mustard Seed at Echo Lodge
‘We were charmed by the hotel and its attentive staff.’ Guide regulars declared John Edward Joyce’s country house hotel ‘in a class of its own’ in 2019, with praise for the man himself: ‘Mr Joyce has a gift for hospitality.’
Inis Meain Restaurant and Suites
Blending into the landscape, Ruairí and Marie-Thérèse de Blacam’s design-led restaurant-with-suites is on a remote Aran island, a stronghold of Gaelic culture.
Other hotels in this group
- Best luxury and boutique hotels in Ireland
- Hotel deals and special offers in Ireland
- Best golf hotels in Ireland
- Best wedding hotels in Ireland
- Best spa hotels in Ireland
- Best family friendly hotels in Ireland
- Best hotels for walking in Ireland
- Best romantic hotels in Ireland
- Best dog friendly hotels in Ireland
- Best hotels with fishing in Ireland