Hotels in Berkshire
Hotels near tourist attractions
- Hotels near Ashdown House
- Hotels near Avebury Stone Circle
- Hotels near Stonehenge
- Hotels near the Henley Regatta, Henley-on-Thames
- Hotels near Blenheim Palace, Woodstock
- Hotels near Highgrove House and Gardens
- Hotels near Waddesdon Manor
- Hotels near Legoland Windsor
- Hotels near Windsor Castle
- Hotels near the Chalke Valley History Festival
- Hotels near Longleat House and Safari Park
- Hotels near Cheltenham Racecourse
- Hotels near Stourhead, Wiltshire
- Hotels near Heathrow Airport
- Hotels near RHS Garden Wisley
- Hotels near Hidcote, Gloucestershire
Berkshire – famed for links to royalty, Windsor Castle, the River Thames and its pure Englishness.
Berkshire’s beautiful countryside, charming towns and villages almost makes you forget that you’re just a short train ride from London. Historic Windsor Castle, home to the Queen, is the oldest and largest occupied castle in the world. Take a tour inside for a glimpse into the lives of British kings and queens for the past 1,000 years. Nearby is the prestigious boarding school Eton College, where 19 British prime ministers have been educated.
Also worth visiting from your hotel is Pangbourne, on the River Thames, which dates back to Saxon times and is said to have been the inspiration for works by Kenneth Grahame and Jerome K Jerome. Nearby is Buckleberry, the birthplace of Kate Middleton, now the Duchess of Cambridge. Ascot race course, Savill Gardens and picture-perfect spots like Hurley,Bray, Cookham, and Waltham St Lawrence make Berkshire a great place for a hotel stay.