Featured hotels with Special Offers
Hotels in Surrey
Broadway Barn - Free Glass of Bubbly Special Offer
More hotels in Surrey
Hotels in Surrey
Hotels near tourist attractions
- Hotels near Chessington World of Adventures
- Hotels near Sandown Park
- Hotels near RHS Garden Wisley
- Hotels near Hampton Court Palace
- Hotels near Gatwick Airport with parking
- Hotels near the Wimbledon Tennis Championships
- Hotels near Twickenham Stadium
- Hotels near Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew
- Hotels near Heathrow Airport
- Hotels near Clapham Common, London
- Hotels near Stamford Bridge, Chelsea
- Hotels near the Hammersmith Apollo
- Hotels near the Brixton Academy
- Hotels near the Olympia Exhibition Centre
- Hotels near the Chelsea Flower Show
- Hotels near Nymans, Sussex
- Hotels near the Royal Albert Hall, London
- Hotels near the Kia Oval Cricket Ground, Kennington
- Hotels near Hyde Park, London
- Hotels near Chartwell Country House
A county of contrasts
With its tennis courts, bowling alleys and pleasure gardens, it stands on the River Thames. Jane Austen’s admirers visit Box Hill near Dorking. This summit of the North Down takes its name from the ancient box woodland on the steepest west-facing chalk slopes overlooking the River Mole: it is the scene of the disastrous picnic in Emma.
Surrey’s artistic gem is the Watts Gallery in the tiny village of Compton near Guildford. Built in Arts and Crafts style by the Victorian painter and sculptor, GF Watts (who died in 1904) and his wife Mary, it was recently restored. It houses many of his paintings, sculptures and notebooks, and has an extraordinary memorial cemetery chapel, designed and built by Mary Watts, which unites art nouveau, Celtic, Romanesque and Egyptian influences. Houses to visit include the charming Polesden Lacey where the Queen and Prince Philip honeymooned, and Clandon Park, a Palladian mansion in grounds landscaped by Capability Brown. Leith Hill, south-eastern England’s highest point, is especially splendid when the rhododendrons are in bloom.
JOIN THE GHG
Get our free monthly newsletter, latest special offers, and updates. Join more than 14,000 other members.
Read more about it here
BUY THE 46th EDITION OF THE GUIDE
Buy the 46th Edition of the Guide to read reviews of 650 hotels.
Please note that the print edition no longer contains discount vouchers.Buy the guide
Best Review Wins A Free Night for Two!
Win a night’s stay in a Beach Hut, with dinner and a spa treatment, at Cary Arms & Spa, Babbacombe, Devon by SENDING A REVIEW of your favourite hotel or B&B in Britain or Ireland. See COMPETITION PAGE.Submit a review