Good Hotel Guide Review
A design-led boutique hotel with impressive green credentials (it pumps water from its own 1,500-foot borehole), this former Victorian warehouse embodies the renaissance of East London. Part of the Zetter group (see next two entries), it’s ideally located in buzzing Clerkenwell, close to the City and British Museum yet just ten minutes from the West End by taxi (or astride one of the hotel’s complimentary Brompton bikes). Rooms vary in size, from small to extremely spacious; rooftop studios have a private balcony or terrace, one with a roll-top bath for alfresco bathing. All enjoy Zetter’s signature cutting-edge design, an honesty tray of food and drink and a selection of Penguin paperbacks, as well as a monsoon shower and REN toiletries. On the ground floor, diners tuck into all-day inventive British dishes. Breakfast is a feast of hot and cold options, with a classic brunch the order of the day at weekends.
86-88 Clerkenwell Road
020 7324 4444
59. 2 suitable for disabled.
2 lifts, atrium, bar/restaurant, terrace (alfresco dining), free Wi-Fi, in-room TV (Freeview, some with Smart TV), in-room spa treatments, reduced rates at local gym, bicycles to borrow, NCP 5 mins’ walk, public areas wheelchair accessible, adapted toilet.
all ages welcomed.
only guide dogs allowed.
Amex, MC, Visa.
per room £297–£534. Breakfast buffet £15.50, full English £16, à la carte £40.
Good Hotel Guide articles about
- The Insprialist: 10 Of the Best Eco-Friendly Hotels In the UK
- Visit Britain: 8 modern hotels with bags of personality
- USA Today: 20 charming hotels for a British city break
- MSN Travel: 10 best boutique hotels
- MSN Travel: The 10 Best Boutique Hotels in London
- Conde Nast Traveler: Ten Romantic British Hotels for Every Kind of Honeymooner
- MSN Travel: Top 10 romantic hotels in the UK