6. All on ground floor (5 split-level) in separate building, 1 suitable for disabled.
all year except 17 Dec–17 Jan.
lounge/breakfast room (House Over-By), restaurant, free Wi-Fi, in-room TV (Freeview), garden on loch, restaurant and lounge wheelchair accessible, adapted toilet.
in lounge and restaurant, ‘for different moods and times of day’.
all ages welcomed.
Amex, MasterCard, Visa.
per room B&B £360. D,B&B £390. Tasting menu £95, a la carte £68.
Good Hotel Guide Review
‘We felt comfortable and well fed,’ report readers, following a stay at Shirley and Eddie Spear’s remote restaurant-with-rooms overlooking Loch Dunvegan on the Isle of Skye. New arrivals are warmly welcomed. ‘We were offered tea and scones, which we enjoyed enormously.’ Tastefully neutral, split-level, wood-floored bedrooms in The House Over-By have an espresso machine, comfy seating, double-ended bath with power shower, patio doors on to the garden. A lounge with scenic views hosts breakfast and drinks, with a telescope for viewing wildlife. ‘We enjoyed the visiting ducks, who were fed before we enjoyed apertifs.’ In the rustic-chic restaurant, chef Scott Davies uses local produce from land and sea to create such dishes as Dunvegan crab, scorched langoustine tails, brown crab ketchup, puffed rice, apple, pickled mussels; Orbost rose beef, heather-smoked potato, charcoal-roasted lettuce, Hebridean Blue, pickled walnut ketchup. Service is ‘excellent throughout’. In the morning there are fresh juices, grilled kipper with seaweed butter, and haggis and field mushroom with the full Scottish. ‘It was a unique experience to watch a porpoise while having breakfast.’ (RO)
- Sunday Post: Heartwarming hospitality in the beautiful hotels of the Isle of Skye
- Delicious Magazine: 10 best UK restaurants with rooms
- The Lady: 10 beautiful hotels to visit this autumn
- USA Today: 20 of the most beautiful hotels in Scotland
- Sunday Post: 10 top hotels in the Scottish Highlands
- Visit Scotland: Six innovative hotels in Scotland
- Huffington Post: Top Five Most Beautiful Hotels in Scotland
- Independent.co.uk: Britain’s Best Hotel Rooms with a View
- Huffington Post: Ten of the Best Scottish Hotels