The Dial House
Highly idiosyncratic and seriously fun, Hannah Springham and Andrew Jones’s hotel features bedrooms themed on the Georgian Grand Tour and Victorian global gallivanting. More
Good Hotel Guide Review
Highly idiosyncratic and seriously fun, Hannah Springham and Andrew Jones’s hotel features bedrooms themed on the Georgian Grand Tour and Victorian global gallivanting. The interiors are ‘a joy – quirky, and constantly brought a smile to my face’. A reader sampled China room, in blue and white, with bamboo wallpaper, as well as Africa, with animal prints, tribal artefacts, and a roll-top bath at the foot of the bed. ‘Both were beautifully decorated and furnished, and very comfortable, with splendid marble bathrooms.’ In the retail wing, you can browse antiques and vintage fashions, kit yourself out in Prada or a puffball skirt before repairing to the cocktail bar for a Porn Star Martini. In the restaurant, Mr Jones’s ‘extremely good dinners’ favour top-quality produce, with ingredients sourced from local farmers, and fish from Brancaster. ‘The food was consistently good.’ Evolving menus include dishes such as cod, seaweed, saffron and mussels. ‘The staff were all young, cheerful and busy.’ Free-range eggs at breakfast are sourced from the allotment at Reepham High School. (Mary Hewson, Julie Smith, and others)
all year, restaurant closed Sun night, Mon, Tues.
lounge, 3 restaurant areas, private dining rooms, sun terrace, in-room TV (Sky), terrace, civil wedding licence, hairdresser's, vintage clothing shop, public rooms wheelchair accessible, no adapted toilet.
‘retro classics’ in public areas.
all ages welcomed, extra bed £40, children's menu.
allowed in 2 bedrooms
(£20 a night), some public rooms and in part of restaurant.
Amex, MC, Visa.
B&B doubles from £140, singles from £130. À la carte £45.
Good Hotel Guide articles about
The Dial House
- The Sun: Guide to quirky rooms
- The Independent : The UK’s 10 best quirky hotels
- Suffolk Norfolk Life: 10 of the top dog-friendly hotels in East Anglia to daydream about
- Eastern Daily Press: 7 of the best dog-friendly hotels in Norfolk
- Eastern Daily Press Norfolk: 10 of the most romantic hotels in Norfolk
- Eastern Daily Press: 10 of the top hotels to visit in Norfolk in 2019
- The Lady: 10 of the best restaurants with rooms for an autumn break
- Ideal Home: UK hotels with the most inspiring interiors
- USA Today: 20 of Great Britain’s most unusual hotels
'Free Bottle of Fizz' September Special Offer
Complimentary bottle of Fizz for every room booked in September by quoting ‘Good Hotel Guide’ when booking.
Comments about The Dial House