Good Hotel Guide Review
You might fancy you are in a Parisian garret, in the mysterious east, on safari, or (mamma mia!) in a Venetian palazzo, when you book into Hannah Springham and Andrew Jones’s hotel, with rooms themed on the Georgian Grand Tour and Victorian globetrotting. Each room has a marble bathroom with a roll-top bath and drench shower, a record player to give vinyl a spin. China room, styled in blue and white, with bamboo-pattern wallpaper, has ‘a huge bed, two sash windows with working shutters’. Natural History has owl wallpaper, a bathroom concealed behind a cabinet of curiosities, glass doors to a decked terrace. The ‘charming, attentive’ staff are ‘helpful from the moment you enter the front door’. In a restaurant set across three dining rooms, Andrew’s menus reflect the principles of ‘fine produce, not fine dining’, with ingredients sourced direct from farmers, in dishes such as Swannington bavette steak cooked over sustainable charcoal, black garlic, kale, red wine jus; lentil and aubergine shepherd’s pie. ‘Breakfast, served in the spacious and airy Aga room, was of a similarly high standard.’ (S and MT)
all year, restaurant closed Sun night, Mon, Tues.
lounge, 3 restaurant areas, private dining rooms, sun terrace, in-room TV (Sky), terrace, civil wedding licence, hairdresser's, vintage clothing shop, public rooms wheelchair accessible, no adapted toilet.
‘retro classics’ in public areas.
all ages welcomed, extra bed £40.
allowed in 1 bedroom (£20 a night), some public rooms and in part of restaurant.
Amex, MC, Visa.
B&B doubles from £140, singles from £130. À la carte £37. 1-night bookings refused Christmas week.
Good Hotel Guide articles about
The Dial House
- The Independent : The UK’s 10 best quirky hotels
- Suffolk Norfolk Life: 10 of the top dog-friendly hotels in East Anglia to daydream about
- Eastern Daily Press: 7 of the best dog-friendly hotels in Norfolk
- Eastern Daily Press Norfolk: 10 of the most romantic hotels in Norfolk
- Eastern Daily Press: 10 of the top hotels to visit in Norfolk in 2019
- The Lady: 10 of the best restaurants with rooms for an autumn break
- Ideal Home: UK hotels with the most inspiring interiors
- USA Today: 20 of Great Britain’s most unusual hotels
Three Nights for the Price of Two Midweek Special Offer
Book 2 nights, get the third night free when booking a stay Monday-Wednesday. For every Monday and Tuesday in October. Last free stay would be 27th October. Valid 4th-27th October. Not valid in conjunction with any other offer. Please mention the Good Hotel Guide when booking.