The White Horse
The superb setting of the Nye family’s hotel overlooking salt marshes to the sea and Scolt Head Island is matched by a ‘really good atmosphere’, say readers, who visit year after year. More
Good Hotel Guide Review
The superb setting of the Nye family’s hotel overlooking salt marshes to the sea and Scolt Head Island is matched by a ‘really good atmosphere’, say readers, who visit year after year. ‘It was wonderful to return to such a well-managed hotel,’ runs a typical report. Food is served outside from noon till night, allowing diners to fully appreciate the big-sky landscape and spectacular sunsets. You can eat sea-fresh shellfish cooked over coals in an open-sided marquee (ponchos provided), dine under a parasol in the courtyard garden, or by the fire in winter. In the glass-walled restaurant, with ‘excellent food and service’, the menu ranges from fish and chips to lobster or marsh-grazed dry-aged sirloin steak. ‘Extremely comfortable and nicely decorated’ refurbished bedrooms have new carpets and linen, local artwork, a Norfolk seascape palette of green, blue, lavender and sand. The split-level ‘Room at the Top’ has a balcony and telescope to better appreciate the view. Spacious, dog-friendly garden rooms, built into the contours of the land, under a sedum roof, have a private terrace, a stroll from the Coast Path. (David Craig, SP)
15. 8 on ground floor in annexe, 1 suitable for disabled.
open-plan bar, lounge areas, conservatory restaurant, dining room, in-room TV (Freeview), ½-acre garden (terrace, covered sunken garden), in-room therapies, EV charging, public rooms wheelchair accessible, adapted toilet.
‘subtle’ in restaurant.
all ages welcomed, cot £5, extra bed £35, children's menu, high chair.
allowed in garden rooms (£10 a night), bar.
Amex, MC, Visa.
B&B doubles from £140, single occupancy discount available. À la carte £38. 1-night bookings subject to availability.
Good Hotel Guide articles about
The White Horse
- Britain magazine: 10 of the best British seaside hotels
- 101 Holidays: 10 hotels for walking in remote corners of the UK
- Wanderlust Magazine: The 10 best British hotels and inns for winter walks
- Good Pub Guide: 10 dog-friendly pubs with rooms
- The Good Pub Guide: Best gastro pubs with rooms in Norfolk
- Suffolk Norfolk Life: 10 of the top dog-friendly hotels in East Anglia to daydream about
- Eastern Daily Press: 7 of the best dog-friendly hotels in Norfolk
- Britain Magazine: Best hotels for walking
- Norfolk Magazine: 10 Dog-friendly hotels in Norfolk
Free Bottle of House Wine Special Offer
Free bottle of House Wine. Please mention The Good Hotel Guide when booking.
Comments about The White Horse