Good Hotel Guide Review
Seen through walls of windows, the sea is a huge presence at this family-run hotel ‘in a fabulous location’ on the cliffs above a surfers’ beach. Built in 1959 in the California Modern style, it has breezy, Scandi-inspired decor. The bedrooms have been recently refurbished. Some overlook countryside, but most have Atlantic views. Doubles have a bath and walk-in shower or double monsoon shower, an Italian espresso machine. ‘Apartments’ have a king-size bed, a separate bunk room, living area and patio or Juliet balcony. Activities include everything from painting classes to open-air theatre. The spa, bar, lounge, shop, art gallery and two restaurants are at your disposal. Outside, there is a sun terrace, play area, pods, hammocks, a hot tub. You can eat in the Wild Café, a bakery breakfast (cooked items extra), salads and sandwiches (roasts on Sunday); dinner à la carte – maybe smoked haddock and mussel chowder, coconut cauliflower curry, rack of lamb. In The Herring, short carnivore and vegan menus start with small plates for sharing – because it’s a sharing sort of place. (See also sister hotel The Scarlet, next entry.)
101. 1 suitable for disabled, apartment suites in separate block.
lift, bar, terrace, 2 restaurants (vegan menu), lounge, in-room TV (Freeview), spa (indoor pool), shop, art gallery, civil wedding licence, 5-acre grounds (3 heated pools, tennis), EV charging, several areas wheelchair accessible, adapted toilet.
in restaurant, café and bar.
all ages welcomed, family rooms but no extra beds.
allowed in some bedrooms (£15 per night), some public areas.
B&B doubles from £165, singles from £95. Set-price dinner £50 (Herring), à la carte £35 (Wild Café).
Good Hotel Guide articles about
Bedruthan Hotel and Spa
- The i: 12 hotels with outdoor pools
- Visit Cornwall: Top dog friendly hotels in Cornwall
- My Weekly: Amazing UK staycation hotels
- Family Traveller: Top 10 UK family hotels
- Country Life: 7 of the best beach hotels in Britain
- A Lady of Leisure: 10 beautiful hotels with pools for the summer
- USA Today: 20 scenic seaside hotels in Great Britain
- The Lady: 10 family friendly hotels in the UK
- The Independent: Ten of Britain’s best family friendly hotels