Good Hotel Guide Review
There are grandparents who today cherish childhood memories of holidays at this family-friendly hotel. Set into the cliff-top above the sandy beach, it has been owned by the same family since 1959. The interiors have been updated over the decades (out with purple carpet and orange bedspreads, in with Scandi-style), but the walls are still hung with work by Cornish artists, and floor-to-ceiling windows frame the same Atlantic views. The atmosphere is lively and inclusive, with activities for children from dawn until dark, while parents can relax in the spa. It can be rumbustious (‘not for the faint-hearted’, said a reader who visited on a bank holiday), but everything is well organised. Bedrooms come in various configurations, some with a balcony or terrace. You can dine in The Herring restaurant, on such dishes as hake fillet with curry sauce and pea shoots. (‘Food is generally pretty good, and value for money.’) There is simpler dining in the Wild Café, where breakfast brings daily specials such as eggs Benedict. If peace and quiet are what you seek, choose the adults-only sister hotel, The Scarlet (next entry). (SW)
101. 1 suitable for disabled, apartment suites in separate block.
lift, bar, restaurant, café, lounge, in-room TV (Freeview), spa (indoor pool), civil wedding licence, 5-acre grounds (3 heated pools, tennis), several areas wheelchair accessible.
in restaurant, café and bar.
all ages welcomed.
allowed in some bedrooms (£12 per dog), some public areas.
per room B&B single from £95, double £165–£335, D,B&B £217–£387. Set dinner £38 (Herring), à la carte £26 (Wild Café).
Good Hotel Guide articles about
Bedruthan Hotel and Spa
- Visit Cornwall: Top dog friendly hotels in Cornwall
- My Weekly: Amazing UK staycation hotels
- Family Traveller: Top 10 UK family hotels
- Country Life: 7 of the best beach hotels in Britain
- A Lady of Leisure: 10 beautiful hotels with pools for the summer
- USA Today: 20 scenic seaside hotels in Great Britain
- The Lady: 10 family friendly hotels in the UK
- The Independent: Ten of Britain’s best family friendly hotels
- MSN Travel: The 10 Best UK Hotels For A Family Holiday