Good Hotel Guide Review
‘The location is stunning, the views as the sun sets truly magical’ from this family-run, cliff-top hotel and spa, with acres of Scandi-style relaxation space and squashy sofas. There is plenty to do, from relaxing in a spa pool to surfing at the beach. A wide choice of accommodation suits everyone from the solo traveller to families and dogs. There are adults-only doubles, many with a sea view through a picture window, family apartments with a lounge, a coffee machine, and a terrace with sun loungers. A reader’s country-facing room was ‘smart and clean’ but the lack of a sea view, he concedes, may have contributed to a sense that the hotel was slightly off form. However, ‘I did have two reasonable evening meals, one in the Wild Café, one in The Herring’, the former serving breakfast, deli lunches, dinner à la carte (including a vegan menu), the latter for dinner, with a choice of dishes such as roast cod, fregola, orange, lemongrass, basil, clams; one meat and one veggie option. Daytime alfresco dining is available in the dunes garden, or order packed lunches for a beach picnic. (See also sister hotel The Scarlet, next entry.)
101. 1 suitable for disabled, apartment suites in separate block.
lift, bar, terrace, 2 restaurants (vegan menu), lounge, in-room TV (Freeview), spa (indoor pool), shop, art gallery, civil wedding licence, 5-acre grounds (3 heated pools, tennis), EV charging, several areas wheelchair accessible.
in restaurant, café and bar.
all ages welcomed, family rooms but no extra beds.
allowed in some bedrooms (£12 per dog), some public areas.
B&B doubles from £165, singles from £95. Set-price dinner £40 (Herring), à la carte £26 (Wild Café).
Good Hotel Guide articles about
Bedruthan Hotel and Spa
- The i: 12 hotels with outdoor pools
- Visit Cornwall: Top dog friendly hotels in Cornwall
- My Weekly: Amazing UK staycation hotels
- Family Traveller: Top 10 UK family hotels
- Country Life: 7 of the best beach hotels in Britain
- A Lady of Leisure: 10 beautiful hotels with pools for the summer
- USA Today: 20 scenic seaside hotels in Great Britain
- The Lady: 10 family friendly hotels in the UK
- The Independent: Ten of Britain’s best family friendly hotels