Good Hotel Guide Review
It is not that they’ve put away childish things at this contemporary hotel set into the hillside above Mawgan Porth beach. It remains very family-friendly, but there’s plenty for adults, too, from a spa with a sensory garden, to cocktails on the bar terrace, a tranquillity space, sunset suppers in the Herring restaurant. ‘My single room was crisp and comfortable,’ writes a trusted reader. ‘Despite being very small, it avoided being institutional.’ Her son, his wife and children ‘seemed happy enough’ with a family room in ‘an outlying concrete stretch of the complex’. All rooms have light Scandi styling, fresh milk, local toiletries. Some have a sea view through floor-to-ceiling windows; a private patio. On an Easter weekend the place was ‘packed to the gills, and for most of the time guests and their children were managed brilliantly’. School holidays are busy, and ‘meaningful changes’ are afoot for other times. At night, Gareth Saddler’s locally sourced dishes include gurnard, salsify, spring onions, warm potted crab. There’s a children’s menu in the Wild Café, while kids’ clubs and activities, evening entertainment and babysitting give parents a break. (Susan Willmington)
101. 1 suitable for disabled, apartment suites in separate block.
all year except 2 weeks Jan.
lift, bar, restaurant, café, lounge, free Wi-Fi, in-room TV (Freeview), spa (indoor pool), civil wedding licence, 5-acre grounds (3 heated pools, tennis), several areas wheelchair accessible.
in restaurant, café and bar.
all ages welcomed.
allowed in some bedrooms, some public areas (£12 per dog).
per room B&B single from £80, double £165–£335, D,B&B £217–£387. Set dinner £38 (Herring), à la carte £26 (Wild Café).
Good Hotel Guide articles about
Bedruthan Hotel and Spa
- Visit Cornwall: Top dog friendly hotels in Cornwall
- My Weekly: Amazing UK staycation hotels
- Family Traveller: Top 10 UK family hotels
- Country Life: 7 of the best beach hotels in Britain
- A Lady of Leisure: 10 beautiful hotels with pools for the summer
- USA Today: 20 scenic seaside hotels in Great Britain
- The Lady: 10 family friendly hotels in the UK
- The Independent: Ten of Britain’s best family friendly hotels
- MSN Travel: The 10 Best UK Hotels For A Family Holiday