‘A year spent without a visit to The Nare is a year wasted,’ writes a returning guest of this perennially popular country house hotel overlooking the sands of Carne Bay. More
Good Hotel Guide Review
‘A year spent without a visit to The Nare is a year wasted,’ writes a returning guest of this perennially popular country house hotel overlooking the sands of Carne Bay. Owned by the Ashworth family for more than 30 years, the child- and dog-friendly hotel is traditional yet luxurious. Comfortable, fire-warmed lounges have tartan carpets, bright wallpapers and are hung with political cartoons. Daily complimentary cream tea can be taken inside or on the terrace overlooking lush gardens and sea. ‘If this level of thoughtful comfort is “old-fashioned” then count me in!’ declares another regular. Large, light bedrooms, many with ‘breathtaking’ sea views, are elegantly traditional with antiques, and armchairs or sofas. Flowers, fruit and hot-water bottles are standard; ‘one of the best-appointed and -furnished rooms we have had anywhere’. Dine either in the jolly Quarterdeck restaurant or the more formal Dining Room on a five-course daily-changing menu with hors d’oeuvre trolley, tableside flame-grilling and dishes such as Portloe lobster and butter-roasted guineafowl. Generous breakfasts mean ‘no need for lunch!’ (Peter Govier, AK-H, IW)
40. Some on ground floor, 1 in cottage, 5 suitable for disabled.
lift, lounge, drawing room, sun lounge, bar, library, 2 restaurants, conservatory, in-room TV, gym, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, 2-acre grounds, 2 boats, tennis, croquet, EV charging, public rooms wheelchair accessible, adapted toilet.
all ages welcomed, extra bed £99, no under-7s for evening dining, early suppers available.
allowed in bedrooms (£20–£30 a night) and gardens, not in public areas.
Amex, MC, Visa.
B&B doubles from £360, singles from £192. Fixed-price dinner £65.
Good Hotel Guide articles about
- Best Ever Christmas: 10 wonderful Christmas hotel getaways
- Britain magazine: 10 of the best British seaside hotels
- The i: 12 hotels with outdoor pools
- My Weekly: 10 perfect hotels for Summer staycations
- Your Best Ever Christmas: 10 of the best hotels for a festive family break
- Visit Cornwall: Top dog friendly hotels in Cornwall
- My Weekly: Amazing UK staycation hotels
- Family Traveller: Top 10 UK family hotels
- Country Life: 7 of the best beach hotels in Britain
Coronation Celebrations Special Offers
The Nare is celebrating the Coronation of His Majesty The King in typical Nare fashion with a programme of country house events, appropriately marking the national occasion from here on the south Cornish coast. Over the course of the Coronation weekend, one can expect the following: A Champagne reception, a delightful afternoon Cornish cream tea garden party overlooking Carne Beach and a community spirited lunch to join in with the national Big Lunch campaign. The Coronation service will be broadcast from Westminster Abbey on The Quarterdeck for guests who wish to admire the traditional celebration and pageantry. The day of celebration will finish with a Coronation Dinner – traditional silver service as usual. Coronation Programme of country house events:
Saturday 6th May 2023
– 11am: The Coronation of His Majesty The King and Her Majesty The Queen will be screened from Westminster Abbey on The Quarterdeck
– 1.30pm: Light finger buffet lunch
– Champagne to raise a toast to King and Queen
– Black tie traditional Coronation Dinner in The Dining Room
Sunday 7th May 2023 – The Coronation Big Lunch
– 12pm: A community spirited buffet lunch on the front lawn – in the spirit of celebration and friendship
– Time TBC: The special Coronation Concert live from Windsor Castle will be screened on a large screen in The Quarterdeck
– Dinner in The Dining Room
Monday 8th May 2023 – The Big Help Out
– From 11am: KING OF THE CASTLE CHALLENGE. The High Sheriff of Cornwall invites all Roseland and neighbouring parishes to The King of The Castle Challenge. As part of The King’s Coronation’s Big Help Out campaign the challenge will raise funds for The Roseland Centre. Residents are more than welcome to partake or observe the challenge from The Nare lawn
– 1pm: The National Anthem will play
– 3.30pm: Champagne Afternoon Tea Garden Party on the lawn overlooking Gerrans Bay. Please dress for a summer garden party. Blazers and hats.
Coronation celebration options
Four night Coronation Celebration
From £2,396.00 for a Four Day Break arriving on Friday 5th May. Based on a couple sharing. Please see the attached programme for full inclusions.
Three night Coronation Celebration
From £1,838.00 for a Three Day Break arriving on Saturday 6th May, from 11am. Based on a couple sharing. Please see the attached programme for full inclusions.
Please mention The Good Hotel Guide when booking.
Comments about The Nare