Good Hotel Guide Review
‘The Nare’s description of itself as “the country house hotel by the sea” sums it up nicely. It is so comfortable, in a somewhat old-fashioned way,’ writes a regular visitor to Toby Ashworth’s much-loved hotel. He adds that everything is ‘as welcoming, friendly and helpful as ever’. Sub-tropical gardens, which flourish around the hotel above dog-friendly Carne Beach, are home to an outdoor pool (there is an indoor one too). Sea-facing bedrooms and suites have floor-to-ceiling windows and a balcony or terrace, while country-view rooms have their own charm. The styling is traditional, with artwork and antiques, comfy seating, a writing desk, fresh flowers, and Penhaligon toiletries. At 4 pm, by long tradition, a Cornish cream tea is served, and an early supper is offered to children. You can eat in The Quarterdeck restaurant, on the terrace, or in the silver-service dining room, with a ‘wonderfully retro’ hors d’oeuvre trolley, and flame grills from the gueridon. Chef Brett Camborne-Paynter’s menus have something for everyone – maybe a steak, seaweed gnocchi or line-caught turbot with langoustine emulsion. (Peter Govier). This hotel is a member of Pride of Britain.
41. Some on ground floor, 1 in cottage, 5 suitable for disabled.
lift, lounge, drawing room, sun lounge, gallery, study, bar, library, light lunch room, 2 restaurants, conservatory, in-room TV (Sky, Freeview), gym, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, 2-acre grounds, 2 boats, tennis, public rooms wheelchair accessible, adapted toilet.
Good Hotel Guide articles about
- Your Best Ever Christmas: 10 of the best hotels for a festive family break
- Visit Cornwall: Top dog friendly hotels in Cornwall
- My Weekly: Amazing UK staycation hotels
- Family Traveller: Top 10 UK family hotels
- Country Life: 7 of the best beach hotels in Britain
- My Weekly: 10 of the best UK independent hotels
- A Lady of Leisure: 10 beautiful hotels with pools for the summer
- Britain magazine: 10 of Britain’s loveliest hotels with a view
- The Lady: 10 of the best beach hotels on the South Coast
Spring Garden Breaks Special Offer
Cornish gardens are amongst the best in the world. They are at their most colourful during Cornwall’s early spring in February and March when the stunning Cornish magnolias and camellias are in full bloom. The Nare is conveniently located to visit many gardens and can arrange private guided tours for Nare guests. Garden Breaks are available from January until the end of April and start from £348.00 per room per night. This rate is inclusive of dinner, breakfast, early morning tea, afternoon Cornish cream tea and entry in three beautiful gardens. Please mention the Good Hotel Guide when booking.