Good Hotel Guide Review
‘The Nare’s description of itself as “the country house hotel by the sea” sums it up nicely. It is so comfortable, in a somewhat old-fashioned way,’ writes a regular visitor to Toby Ashworth’s much-loved hotel. He adds that everything is ‘as welcoming, friendly and helpful as ever’. Sub-tropical gardens, which flourish around the hotel above dog-friendly Carne Beach, are home to an outdoor pool (there is an indoor one too). Sea-facing bedrooms and suites have floor-to-ceiling windows and a balcony or terrace, while country-view rooms have their own charm. The styling is traditional, with artwork and antiques, comfy seating, a writing desk, fresh flowers, and Penhaligon toiletries. At 4 pm, by long tradition, a Cornish cream tea is served, and an early supper is offered to children. You can eat in The Quarterdeck restaurant, on the terrace, or in the silver-service dining room, with a ‘wonderfully retro’ hors d’oeuvre trolley, and flame grills from the gueridon. Chef Brett Camborne-Paynter’s menus have something for everyone – maybe a steak, seaweed gnocchi or line-caught turbot with langoustine emulsion. (Peter Govier). This hotel is a member of Pride of Britain.
41. Some on ground floor, 1 in cottage, 5 suitable for disabled.
lift, lounge, drawing room, sun lounge, gallery, study, bar, library, light lunch room, 2 restaurants, conservatory, in-room TV (Sky, Freeview), gym, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, 2-acre grounds, 2 boats, tennis, public rooms wheelchair accessible, adapted toilet.
Good Hotel Guide articles about
- Your Best Ever Christmas: 10 of the best hotels for a festive family break
- Visit Cornwall: Top dog friendly hotels in Cornwall
- My Weekly: Amazing UK staycation hotels
- Family Traveller: Top 10 UK family hotels
- Country Life: 7 of the best beach hotels in Britain
- My Weekly: 10 of the best UK independent hotels
- A Lady of Leisure: 10 beautiful hotels with pools for the summer
- Britain magazine: 10 of Britain’s loveliest hotels with a view
- The Lady: 10 of the best beach hotels on the South Coast
Christmas Cards Special Offer
As Christmas draws near why not take the chance to get away for a short break and write your Christmas cards from the comfort of The Nare? Write to loved ones from beside a cosy fire with a sumptuous Cornish cream tea and stunning sea views all around. The custom is for The Nare to stamp and post handwritten cards to your friends and family (postage charges covered by the hotel). Charity Christmas cards are also available to purchase. Rates start from £312.00 per night per room (based on two sharing) and inclusive of full English breakfast and afternoon Cornish cream tea. Please mention the Good Hotel Guide when booking.