Good Hotel Guide Review
‘The Nare’s description of itself as “the country house hotel by the sea” sums it up nicely. It is so comfortable, in a somewhat old-fashioned way,’ writes a regular visitor to Toby Ashworth’s much-loved hotel. He adds that everything is ‘as welcoming, friendly and helpful as ever’. Sub-tropical gardens, which flourish around the hotel above dog-friendly Carne Beach, are home to an outdoor pool (there is an indoor one too). Sea-facing bedrooms and suites have floor-to-ceiling windows and a balcony or terrace, while country-view rooms have their own charm. The styling is traditional, with artwork and antiques, comfy seating, a writing desk, fresh flowers, and Penhaligon toiletries. At 4 pm, by long tradition, a Cornish cream tea is served, and an early supper is offered to children. You can eat in The Quarterdeck restaurant, on the terrace, or in the silver-service dining room, with a ‘wonderfully retro’ hors d’oeuvre trolley, and flame grills from the gueridon. Chef Brett Camborne-Paynter’s menus have something for everyone – maybe a steak, seaweed gnocchi or line-caught turbot with langoustine emulsion. (Peter Govier). This hotel is a member of Pride of Britain.
41. Some on ground floor, 1 in cottage, 5 suitable for disabled.
lift, lounge, drawing room, sun lounge, gallery, study, bar, library, light lunch room, 2 restaurants, conservatory, in-room TV (Sky, Freeview), gym, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, 2-acre grounds, 2 boats, tennis, public rooms wheelchair accessible, adapted toilet.
Good Hotel Guide articles about
- My Weekly: 10 perfect hotels for Summer staycations
- Your Best Ever Christmas: 10 of the best hotels for a festive family break
- Visit Cornwall: Top dog friendly hotels in Cornwall
- My Weekly: Amazing UK staycation hotels
- Family Traveller: Top 10 UK family hotels
- Country Life: 7 of the best beach hotels in Britain
- My Weekly: 10 of the best UK independent hotels
- A Lady of Leisure: 10 beautiful hotels with pools for the summer
- Britain magazine: 10 of Britain’s loveliest hotels with a view
Traditional Four Day Break Special Offer
Stay for four nights in Cornwall’s 5 star country house hotel and escape from the hurly burly of life to unwind and relax in comfort. From October to March there is a varied programme of events including friendly rubber bridge, coastal walking and lessons with the artist-in-residence. Alternatively, simply relax in the warm indoor pool, sea-view hot tub and spa. Special rates start from £1,448 for a 4 night stay (excluding Christmas and New Year) inclusive of room, dinner, full English breakfast and afternoon Cornish cream tea. Read more at https://www.narehotel.co.uk/bookings/breaks. Please mention the Good Hotel Guide when booking.