9. 3 in converted boathouse and granary, some ground floor rooms suitable for disabled, but bathrooms not adapted.
all year, self-catering only over Christmas and New Year.
2 lounges, restaurant, Wi-Fi, in-room TV (Freeview), civil wedding licence, ¼-acre gardens.
in dining room at dinner.
all ages welcomed.
per room B&B £159–£225, D,B&B £224–£290. Set menu £32.50. 2-night min. stay on Fri and Sat nights.
Good Hotel Guide Review
Anyone braving the climb to the top of Julian and Carolyn Godlee’s characterful B&B and restaurant is well rewarded. Accessed by a ladder, the top-floor Wheel Room yields breathtaking views over salt marsh and sea, which peel away from the 19th-century grinding mill on the north Norfolk coast. Other rooms, decorated in muted hues, overlook the reed beds or the charming village, from the former store rooms and outbuildings. Eaten communally, a daily-changing set supper menu showcases Norfolk produce (Cromer crab; Norfolk lamb), and can be tailored with advance notice to suit special diets. Binoculars, field guides and regular events at the next-door bird sanctuary are perfect for twitchers.
- Wedding Ideas Magazine: 10 unmissable intimate wedding venues for small weddings
- USA Today: 20 of Great Britain’s most unusual hotels
- Visit Britain: Expect the unexpected at these 8 hotels
- Evening Standard: Five of the best hotels in Norfolk
- AskMen: 10 UK hotels in unusual buildings
GHG Guest 10% Discount Special Offer
Special Offer for GHG guests. Book now for September/October and receive a 10% discount. Call on 01263 740209. Please mention the Good Hotel Guide when booking.