Good Hotel Guide Review
Birdwatchers and bon vivants beat a path to Tracy and Galton Blackiston’s Michelin-starred restaurant-with-rooms in a flint farmhouse with Blakeney nature reserve on the doorstep. You can walk through the big, flat, beautiful, faintly melancholic salt-marsh moonscape to Morston Quay, take a boat trip to see seals and return for afternoon tea in the sun lounge. It might be Michelin starred, but it is a ‘friendly, comfortable place’. House bedrooms, named after Norfolk stately homes, have a contemporary country-house look. Felbrigg has a balcony, windows overlooking the front and the herb garden at the side. Spacious garden pavilion suites have a lounge area and patio, a bath and shower. Almost all rooms are pet-friendly. At night, canapés are served in the lounge or in the lavender-scented garden, before a seven-course tasting menu of home-grown and locally sourced produce – which might feature Cromer crab ravioli, Norfolk poussin with peas and garden mint, and apricot and white chocolate tart. At breakfast there is locally smoked fish, smashed avocado on sourdough, a full English with boudin noir and kidneys. ‘The attention to detail was sublime.’ (JC)
13. 6 on ground floor, 100 yds from house, in garden pavilion, 1 (in main house) suitable for disabled.
all year except 24–26 Dec, all of Jan, restaurant closed Mon.
reading lounge, sun lounge, conservatory, restaurant, in-room TV (Freeview), civil wedding licence, 3-acre garden (pond, croquet), restaurant wheelchair accessible, adapted toilet.
all ages welcomed, extra bed for over-3s £50 a night.
allowed in bedrooms (£10 a night), some public rooms, not in restaurant.
Amex, MC, Visa.
per person D,B&B doubles from £245, singles from £355. 'Dine and Dream' (low season) per room D,B&B from £225. Tasting menu £135.
Good Hotel Guide articles about
- Luxury Lifestyle Magazine: 10 of the best hotels in the UK and Ireland with Michelin Star restaurants
- Daily Mail: The best British B&Bs and hotels in 2022
- The i: Ten of the best hotels to stay in the UK for foodies
- Eastern Daily Press: 10 of the top hotels to visit in Norfolk in 2019
- Norfolk Magazine: 10 Dog-friendly hotels in Norfolk
- Huffington Post USA: Ten of the best UK gourmet hotels for foodies
- Evening Standard: Five of the best hotels in Norfolk
- The Standard: 10 best gourmet hotels in the UK
- Independent.co.uk: Britain’s Best Gourmet Hotels