13. 6 on ground floor, 100 yds from house, in garden pavilion, 1, in main house, suitable for disabled.
all year except 24–26 Dec, 1–31 Jan.
reading lounge, sun lounge, conservatory, restaurant, free Wi-Fi, in-room TV (Freeview), civil wedding licence, 3-acre garden (pond, croquet), restaurant wheelchair accessible, adapted toilet.
all ages welcomed.
allowed in bedrooms, some public rooms, not in restaurant.
Amex, MasterCard, Visa.
per person D,B&B single occupancy £255–£310, double £180–£210. Set dinner £75.
Good Hotel Guide Review
‘An amazingly gorgeous hotel,’ writes a reader this year, of Tracy and Galton Blackiston’s restaurant-with-rooms, ‘ideally located’ for a seal trip to Blakeney Point. Bedrooms in the main house are in traditional country house style; those in the garden pavilion more contemporary, with separate sitting area and private terrace. ‘Our room was excellent, with sheets and blankets, fresh milk in the minibar.’ Bathroom lighting was ‘a bit severe’. Some bathrooms have a spa bath, a monsoon shower. In the dining room overlooking the garden, guests sit down to a daily-changing menu of Michelin-starred cooking by Mr Blackiston and Greg Anderson. ‘No choice, but the seven-plus-course dinner is delightful. Everything seems to be made on the premises, including delicious bread.’ It is served with due ceremony, being ‘indeed a sort of drama, with meticulously dressed staff producing items like clockwork’. Sample dishes: salt-baked celeriac, Baron Bigod cheese; Earl Stonham Wagyu beef, bordelaise sauce; hazelnut bavarois, chocolate sorbet. Breakfast delivers freshly squeezed orange juice, free-range eggs, home-smoked haddock – ‘the best I’ve ever had’. (John Barnes)
- Eastern Daily Press: 10 of the top hotels to visit in Norfolk in 2019
- Norfolk Magazine: 10 Dog-friendly hotels in Norfolk
- Huffington Post USA: Ten of the best UK gourmet hotels for foodies
- Evening Standard: Five of the best hotels in Norfolk
- The Standard: 10 best gourmet hotels in the UK
- Independent.co.uk: Britain’s Best Gourmet Hotels