The Rose & Crown
As ringed plovers and pink-footed geese flock to Snettisham’s shingle beaches, lagoons, tidal mudflats and cattle-grazed salt marsh, so happy families and their dogs flock to Jeannette and Anthony Goodrich’s friendly pub. More
Good Hotel Guide Review
As ringed plovers and pink-footed geese flock to Snettisham’s shingle beaches, lagoons, tidal mudflats and cattle-grazed salt marsh, so happy families and their dogs flock to Jeannette and Anthony Goodrich’s friendly pub. They are constantly upgrading, and have created a new residents’ lounge for guests seeking a quiet corner. ‘Redecorated, and new menu since I last stayed two years ago, not that either needed doing,’ writes a reader. Bedrooms are light and airy, in seaside colours of white and blues, coral and sand. Bathrooms have a walk-in shower, luxury toiletries. ‘The room was well laid out and very clean, the bed was extremely comfortable,’ another reader reports. ‘The food was brilliant – lots of choice and delicious.’ The locally sourced menu changes every six to eight weeks, with three or four daily specials. Pub classics such as fish and chips sit alongside Brancaster mussels, Moroccan spiced lamb tagine, a superfood salad. You can eat in the garden, where a new beach hut dispenses ‘street food’ and children swarm over the Merry Rose climbing ship. ‘I cannot speak more highly of the staff.’ (Helen Lewis, Rupert Baker, TS)
Old Church Road
16. 2 on ground floor, 1 suitable for disabled.
all year except lunch on 25 Dec.
3 bar areas, 2 restaurant rooms, in-room TV (Freeview), large walled garden (children’s play area, climbing ship), EV charging, Garden Room restaurant wheelchair accessible, adapted toilet.
low-key, mainly soft jazz in dining areas.
all ages welcomed, cots £10, extra bed £20, children's menu.
well-behaved dogs allowed in bedrooms (max. 2, £15 per night), bars and garden room, not in dining areas.
Amex, MC, Visa.
B&B doubles from £140, singles from £110. À la carte £38.
Good Hotel Guide articles about
The Rose & Crown
- The Sun: Rooms with a Brew
- The Good Pub Guide: Best gastro pubs with rooms in Norfolk
- Britain magazine: 10 of the best British inns
- Suffolk Norfolk Life: 10 of the top dog-friendly hotels in East Anglia to daydream about
- Eastern Daily Press: 7 of the best dog-friendly hotels in Norfolk
- Good Pub Guide: Favourite gastropubs with rooms
- Eastern Daily Press: 10 of the top hotels to visit in Norfolk in 2019
- Norfolk Magazine: 10 Dog-friendly hotels in Norfolk
Comments about The Rose & Crown