In a small rural village in the White Peak area, this Grade II* listed 17th-century country house is run as a hotel with warmth and heart. More
Good Hotel Guide Review
In a small rural village in the White Peak area, this Grade II* listed 17th-century country house is run as a hotel with warmth and heart. A reader, returning after a few years’ absence, had ‘a fantastic stay’, finding everything ‘even better than I remembered’, and the service ‘professional, brisk and assured’. Paintings and furniture have been chosen with care. ‘The gardens, like the hotel itself, are quirky and enchanting.’ The master suite has a four-poster. Another suite has a double and a single bedroom. Rooms in garden annexes are pet-friendly, and you can now dine with your dog in a glass garden pod. On Saturdays, come rain or shine, you can take afternoon tea alfresco or snug indoors by the fire. In the oak-beamed dining room and new conservatory, a nightly changing menu includes such dishes as slow-cooked feather blade of beef, chive mashed potato, spiced carrot purée, red wine jus. ‘The evening meals were a delight with plenty of choice,’ our reader continued, although another guest hated the background music. A free packed lunch is provided for a day’s exploration of the Peak District. (Mike Craddock)
21. 13 in annexes, some on ground floor.
all year, lunch served on Sun only, afternoon tea served Wed, Fri, Sat and Sun.
sitting room, library, dining room, conservatory, meeting room, in-room TV, civil wedding licence, 8-acre grounds, EV charging, restaurant wheelchair accessible, adapted toilet.
not under 12, extra bed £25.
allowed in annexe bedrooms (no charge), dining pods, not in main house.
B&B doubles from £110, singles from £95. Fixed-price menu £28.50–£34.50 (2/3 courses). 1-night bookings sometimes refused at weekends.
VisitEngland Two Star Country House Hotel
Good Hotel Guide articles about
- The Express: Best hotels, pubs and B&Bs on a budget
- Britain magazine: 10 of the best hotels for Autumn breaks
- Britain Magazine: 10 of Britain’s best historic hotels
- USA Today: 20 of Britain’s best hotels for walking
- Sunday Post: Top 10 hotels in the Peak District
- The Lady: 10 beautiful hotels to visit this autumn
- Stoke Sentinel: Top 10 hotels in the Peak District
- Evening Standard: 5 best hotels in the Peak District
- The Independent: Ten of Britain’s best hotels for walking
Comments about Biggin Hall