35. 10 (for families) in cottage, 13 around courtyard, on ground floor, some suitable for disabled.
lounge, 2 bars, 2 restaurants, crèche, free Wi-Fi, in-room TV (Sky, Freeview), civil wedding licence, 220-acre grounds (tennis, heated outdoor 8-metre swimming pool, play area, spa with 16-metre swimming pool).
all ages welcomed.
allowed in courtyard bedrooms, not in public rooms.
Amex, MasterCard, Visa.
 per room B&B from £209, D,B&B from £289. À la carte £40. 1-night bookings refused weekends.
VisitEngland Four Star Hotel
Good Hotel Guide Review
‘You can hear the sounds of birds all around’ this converted 14th-century farmhouse. It stands in ‘lovely, manicured grounds’ looking out over Gloucestershire hills. ‘Light, bright and informal, classy without being posh, this is a cheerful, family-friendly spot with commendable, happy-making facilities and an easy atmosphere,’ say Guide inspectors in 2017, dipping their hand into the ‘huge jar of sweets’ at reception. Modern rustic bedrooms are ‘beautifully furnished, with plenty of lovely touches – a jug of water by the bed; good teas; excellent, bendy night lights’. (Choose wisely – an otherwise comfortable room overlooking the car park wasn’t completely pleasing.) ‘The super-comfy parental bed in our family suite afforded a brilliant night’s sleep, but younger children might have better luck than my 14-year-old – his feet hung off the end of his bed.’ At mealtimes, young and old are well catered for in the conservatory restaurant, where the goose-fat chips are ‘a must’. There are ‘peaceful lounges’ and ‘newspapers galore’, but tuck in to a ‘very good breakfast’ then head out to explore – perhaps borrowing a bicycle for a countryside ride. Calcot Manor is also a member of Pride of Britain hotels.
- The Lady: 10 family friendly hotels in the UK
- Wedding Ideas Magazine: Top 10 Cotswolds Wedding Venues
- USA Today: British hotels with gorgeous gardens
- Visit Britain: 10 utterly romantic hotels to stay in the UK
- The Lady: 10 hotels spas for a January detox
- The Independent: Ten of Britain’s best family friendly hotels
- Welcome to the Cotswolds: A ‘Good Hotel Guide’ to some of the best hotels in the Cotswolds
- The Independent: Britain’s best spa hotels
- MSN Travel: The 10 Best UK Hotels For A Family Holiday