Good Hotel Guide Review
A sleek, modern hotel on the ramparts of what remains of medieval Nottingham Castle, Hart’s is where your home is when you want to escape the bustling city. Built in 2003 to award-winning designs with the emphasis on sustainability, it owes its urban-chic interiors to Stefa Hart, who, with husband Tim, owns Hambleton Hall, Hambleton (see entry). Rooms range from classic doubles with a king- or super-king-size bed, to suites with a sitting room. Dog-friendly garden rooms have French doors to a furnished patio. All are painted in soft, neutral colours, with modern art prints. Generous extras include fresh milk, a minibar, spoiling toiletries, 24-hour room service. You can drink a ‘Hart of a Lion’ cocktail in the bar, and dine in Hart’s Kitchen or alfresco. Dishes might include cod croquette and twice-baked goats cheese soufflé, or Hereford beef burger. At breakfast there is freshly squeezed orange juice, a fruit smoothie, the full English or veggie, with Windy Ridge Farm eggs and bread from the Hambleton Bakery.
Standard Hill, Park Row
0115 988 1900
32. 2 suitable for disabled.
all year, restaurant closed 1 Jan.
lift, bar, restaurant, in-room TV (Sky, Freeview), exercise room, meeting room, courtyard, garden, car park (£9.95), EV charging, restaurant wheelchair accessible, adapted toilet.
in bar and restaurant.
all ages welcomed, cot £19, extra bed £29, children's menu.
max. 2 in garden rooms (£10 a night, no large/aggressive breeds), not in restaurant or bar.
Amex, MC, Visa.
room-only doubles from £145. Breakfast £17, à la carte £38.
Good Hotel Guide articles about
- Britain magazine: Ten of the best hotels in British towns and cities
- The Independent : 10 of the best eco hotels in the UK
- Hello magazine: 13 eco-friendly hotels to dream about
- Best Ever Christmas: 10 hotels super-handy for Christmas markets
- experiencenottinghamshire.com: A Paul Smith-themed shopping weekend in Nottingham
- MSN Travel: 10 best boutique hotels
- Huffington Post: Five UK Christmas Markets for a Festive Hotel Stay