19. Some on ground floor, 1 in Boatshed, 1 self-catering cottage.
drawing room, library/bar, restaurant, free Wi-Fi, in-room TV (Freeview), wedding facilities, 120-acre lochside grounds (walled garden, crannog, woodlands), unsuitable for disabled.
all ages welcomed.
all major cards.
 per room B&B from £218, D,B&B from £300. À la carte £50.
Good Hotel Guide Review
Swing round a winding, single-track road to this turreted, Jacobean-style baronial mansion ‘beautifully situated’ on the shores of Loch Awe. It has been owned since 1995 by antiques dealer Bennie Gray, who has filled it with a dazzling and eccentric collection of artwork, statuary and ‘quirky objects’. There are golden, throne-like chairs and a fine Bechstein piano; china elephants, and oversized still lifes rendered in oil. Outside is as dramatic as in: take a seat in the oriental-rugged, marble-pillared drawing room and soak up the ‘superb romantic views’ over gardens, loch and woodland all the way to the distant peak of Ben Lui. ‘Beautifully furnished bedrooms’ were styled by an opera-set designer. With views on to loch or garden, all rooms are large (some, in fact, are huge, and have a four-poster bed, fireplace or roll-top bath), and supplied with biscuits, Scottish toiletries and fresh flowers. New romantics, check out the cool, contemporary honeymoon suite in a converted boatshed right on the water. As evening draws in, pull up a seat in the painting-hung dining room for a four-course menu of Inverawe salmon, perhaps, local venison or ‘perfectly tender’ beef.
- Sunday Post: 10 hotels in Argyll and Bute
- USA Today: 20 of the most beautiful hotels in Scotland
- Ultimate Weddings: Hotels for Spring weddings
- The Lady: Top 10 romantic hotels for Valentine’s Day
- Visit Britain: 8 gorgeous hotels to hibernate in over the British winter
- Visit Scotland: Six innovative hotels in Scotland
- Independent: 10 hotels for a romantic British Break
- Huffington Post: Top Five Most Beautiful Hotels in Scotland
- Conde Nast Traveler: Ten Quintessentially Scottish Hotels
10% discount voucher
This hotel accepts discount vouchers which entitle readers to a 10% discount off their normal B&B rate for a single night’s stay. To take advantage of this offer, you must present the voucher at the time of booking.
Guide Book Vouchers
This hotel accepts discount vouchers which entitle readers to a 25% discount off their normal B&B rate for a single night’s stay. Each printed copy of the Guide contains six vouchers worth in total about £150.Buy the guide
This hotel accepts room upgrade vouchers which entitle readers to a space available room upgrade. The voucher must be presented at check-in and is entirely at the hotelier’s discretion.