Good Hotel Guide Review
It's blue heaven, on a sunny day, to sit on the terrace of this adults-only, 1930s hotel overlooking a white-sand Blue Flag beach and the clear waters of St Ives Bay, with a chilled glass of wine or a cream tea. It’s a best-of-both-worlds place, with arty, bustling St Ives just four minutes away by train, and serenity when you want to rise above it. The interiors have a coastal palette and Mediterranean cool. The most covetable bedroom has panoramic sea views, an in-room sunken bath and a wet room with rain shower. The cheapest is snug, with an over-bath shower, and 'extremely comfortable' bed. Three superior ocean-facing rooms have a super-king bed, free-standing bath and walk-in shower. All have an espresso machine, 100 Acres toiletries, fresh milk on request. The ambience is relaxed and friendly but decorous: proper leisure dress is expected in public areas. A short dinner menu offers choices such as pan-fried hake with salsa verde; mixed bean casserole. 'We had a fabulous three-course meal on the terrace.' Downtown, cafés, bars and restaurants abound. A locally sourced breakfast includes St Ewe free-range eggs, Cornish smoked salmon, a full English or vegetarian. (DO)
15. 2 on ground floor, 1 suitable for disabled.
Apr–Nov, restaurant closed Mon, Tues.
lounge, bar, breakfast room, supper room, in-room smart TV, decked terrace, massage and reflexology treatment room, 1½-acre garden, parking, EV charging, public rooms wheelchair accessible.
‘chilled’ in public rooms.
no under-16s allowed.
Amex, MC, Visa. No cash or cheques.
B&B doubles from £250. À la carte £40. 1-night bookings usually refused in high season.
Good Hotel Guide articles about
- Luxury Lifestyle Magazine: 10 of the top romantic hotels to visit in the UK in 2023
- The Lady: 10 of the best beach hotels on the South Coast
- Visit Cornwall: Eight hotels in Cornwall to visit this Spring
- Visit Cornwall: The GHG shines a spotlight on Cornwall’s hotels
- USA Today: 20 scenic seaside hotels in Great Britain
- The Independent: Ten of Britain’s best hotels for walking