16. 2 on ground floor, 8 in beach huts.
lounge, bar, restaurant, conservatory, free Wi-Fi, in-room TV, civil wedding licence, spa (treatment rooms, plunge pool, mini-gym, steam room, sun deck), garden, terrace.
all day in bar.
all ages welcomed.
allowed in some rooms, not in conservatory.
Amex, MasterCard, Visa.
 per room B&B from £195. À la carte £30. 1-night bookings sometimes refused.
VisitEngland Five Star Inn
Good Hotel Guide Review
By a ‘fabulously secluded’ cove, Lana de Savary’s chic hotel clings to wooded cliffs overlooking the beach. The approach involves a ‘precipitous’ descent by road; guests who are more seafarer than landlubber could arrive by yacht at the private quay. Seaside style comes in buckets (and shrimping nets) here; ‘an appealing sense of domesticity’ reigns. Arrive to a ‘genuine welcome’, then relax in the ‘tastefully decorated’ lounge (nautical prints, pot plants, a ‘splendid’ model yacht). It is thoughtfully supplied with board games, a ‘well-stocked’ library, ‘binoculars to fully enjoy the view’. All but one of the ‘attractive’ bedrooms in the main house have a terrace or balcony, but you can get closer to the elements in one of the smart new duplex beach huts and suites set into the grassy slope overlooking the sea. Not quite unwound yet? Luxuriate in the new spa, with its glass-fronted plunge pool. Later, order a local ale in the beamed bar, then tuck in to chef Ben Kingdon’s ‘informal’, ‘beautifully cooked’ dinners – ‘seafood’s a speciality’. In the morning, a splendid breakfast buffet is ‘an uplifting start to the day’.
- Visit South Devon: Four family friendly hotels in South Devon
- USA Today: 20 scenic seaside hotels in Great Britain
- Visit South Devon: Five hotels for weddings in Devon
- Wedding Ideas Magazine: The top 10 most beautiful Devon wedding venues
- Visit South Devon: Five South Devon hotels with amazing views
- Huffington Post: 10 Hotels for New Year
- The Standard: 10 of the best dog-friendly hotels in the UK
- The Independent: Top 10: Dog-friendly hotels in the UK
- The Independent: The UK’s Best Seaside Hotels
Autumn Spa Retreat Special Offer
This exclusive Autumn Spa Retreat includes: Two-night stay for two in a Luxury Seaview Room; cocktails and canapés; a Tailored Thalgo Facial per person; one day use of the spa facilities; £295 per person; subject to availability from 28th August until 21st December 2017; up- grade to Beach Hut available with a supplement of £50 per night. To benefit from this offer, please mention The Good Hotel Guide when booking.