18. 8 in beach huts and suites. Plus 5 self-catering cottages.
lounge, bar, restaurant, conservatory, free Wi-Fi, in-room TV (Freeview), civil wedding licence, spa (treatment rooms, plunge pool, mini-gym, steam room, sun deck), garden, terraces.
all day in bar.
all ages welcomed.
allowed in some rooms, not in conservatory.
Amex, MasterCard, Visa.
per room B&B £265-£485. A la carte £40-50. 1-night bookings sometimes refused.
VisitEngland Five Star Inn
Good Hotel Guide Review
Visitors to Lana de Savary’s ‘fabulously secluded’ cliff-face hotel are rewarded with ‘unrestricted views and a genuine, good-humoured welcome’. A seaside air drifts through the ‘unpretentious’ building, which bears nautical ephemera, binoculars and New England colours. A log stove in the rustic bar is ideal for when the breeze becomes nippy, and for recovering from the English Channel’s sharp bite. Children and dogs are warmly welcomed (buckets and spades for the former, a ‘high-quality dinner and well-produced guide of local walks’ for the latter). ‘Spacious, attractive’ bedrooms look out to sea; all but one have a private terrace or balcony. Chic beach huts, each with a light, bright interior and private terrace, pepper a sheltered, sunny spot in the grounds. The dining room specialises in seafood, paired with an ‘eminently quaffable’ wine list – ‘not gourmet, but beautifully cooked’. Fine weather opens up the tempting prospect of eating on the terrace, where hangs a bell ‘with a request that it be rung when dolphins are spotted’. Moorings are available on the Teign estuary, for guests arriving by sea.
- A Lady of Leisure: 10 beautiful hotels with pools for the summer
- Round and About Magazine: 10 top hotels in Devon
- The Lady: 10 of the best beach hotels on the South Coast
- The Lady: Top 10 spa hotels for 2018
- Visit South Devon: Four family friendly hotels in South Devon
- USA Today: 20 scenic seaside hotels in Great Britain
- Visit South Devon: Five hotels for weddings in Devon
- Wedding Ideas Magazine: The top 10 most beautiful Devon wedding venues
- Visit South Devon: Five South Devon hotels with amazing views
Sunday Sleepover Special Offer
Luxury sea facing room for 1 night for 2 persons (upgrade to Beach Hut for an extra £50). Full English breakfast. 3 course gastro supper. Use of the Spa. Midday late checkout. £285.00 per double room from 1st October until 23rd December 2019. £375 per double room from now until end of September 2019. Subject to availability. Excludes July and August, bank holidays and Festive breaks. Please mention the Good Hotel Guide when booking.