Good Hotel Guide Review
Behind the golden-stone facade of two mansions, at the centre of Bath’s magnificent Georgian crescent, lies a luxurious hotel with an oasis garden (now home to three rescued hedgehogs), spa and 12-metre pool. ‘What a pleasant hotel this is,’ writes one reader, who was particularly impressed by the ‘staff who engage, not in a subservient way’. Uniquely styled bedrooms range from the ‘deluxe’, with a queen-size bed and contemporary styling, through ‘heritage’, overlooking the garden or the Royal Crescent lawn, to ‘master’ rooms in the main mansion or coach houses, each with a separate living area. There are also family master rooms, such as Jane Austen, with a conservatory. An all-day menu is served in the Montagu bar (perhaps a croque-monsieur or fish and chips), while in the Dower House restaurant head chef David Campbell’s menus include such dishes as Orkney scallops with grenobloise, celeriac cream, langoustine broth, and Exmoor caviar. Breakfast brings Agen prunes in Earl Grey tea, Viennoiserie, smoked Scottish salmon and more, including vegetarian options. There is valet parking, a car charging point, and you can order a picnic before setting off to explore this beautiful city. The Royal Crescent is a member of Pride of Britain hotels.
16 Royal Crescent
45. 10 in Dower House, 14 in annexes, 8 on ground floor.
lift, bar, lounge, library, restaurant, function facilities, in-room TV (Sky, Freeview), civil wedding licence, 1-acre garden, spa (12-metre pool), public rooms wheelchair accessible.
in library and restaurant.
all ages welcomed, not under 13 in spa.
allowed in some bedrooms, public rooms, not in restaurant or bar.
Amex, MC, Visa.
per room B&B double £330–£1,080. À la carte £72, tasting menu £82. Min. 2-night stay Sat.
Good Hotel Guide articles about
The Royal Crescent Hotel & Spa
- Hello magazine: 13 eco-friendly hotels to dream about
- Britain Magazine: 10 of Britain’s best hotels for Valentine’s Day
- Britain Magazine: 10 of the best hotels for Christmas and the New Year
- The Lady: 10 of the best spa hotels for self care in 2019
- Country Life: 10 gorgeously cosy hotels for a winter break
- Visit Bath: 5 of the most beautiful hotels in Bath
- Visit Britain: 10 utterly romantic hotels to stay in the UK
- The Lady: Top 10 romantic hotels for Valentine’s Day
- The Lady: 10 hotels spas for a January detox