Good Hotel Guide Review
At the centre of a glorious Georgian crescent, two adjoining mansions are home to an elegant yet family-friendly hotel with oasis garden and beautiful spa. There is a touch of Versailles about the public rooms, with fine art and cascading chandeliers. From smart deluxe doubles with contemporary styling to master suites adorned with artwork, every room is individually designed. ‘Roomy rooms, beautifully presented,’ notes a reader. Dog-friendly rooms have outdoors access, and your best friend can now join you in the bar as you eat from the lounge menu. By day, relax in the garden or in the Georgian spa with its 12-metre pool. At night in the Dower House restaurant, Martin Blake’s tasting menus cater to omnivores and vegetarians. ‘The attention to detail and the attentive staff make this hotel very special,’ writes our reader. Others also note the ‘kind attention of the staff’, especially the head hall porter, who collected them in his car when they couldn’t get a taxi in the rain. Some guests are more prickly: when you’re enjoying a drink outside, try to spot the resident rescued hedgehogs. (Annette Pickering, Peter and Anne Davies)
16 Royal Crescent
45. 10 in Dower House, 14 in annexes, 8 on ground floor.
lift, bar, lounge, library, restaurant (vegetarian menu), in-room TV (Sky, Freeview), civil wedding licence, 1-acre garden, spa (12-metre pool), EV charging, parking, public rooms wheelchair accessible, adapted toilet.
in library and restaurant.
all ages welcomed, under-7s free, extra bed 7–12s £50.
allowed in some bedrooms (£35 per stay), public rooms, garden, not restaurant.
Amex, MC, Visa.
B&B doubles from £360. À la carte (lounge menu) £45, tasting menu £85. Min. 2-night stay Sat.
Good Hotel Guide articles about
The Royal Crescent
Hotel & Spa
- Visit Bath: Five favorite Bath hotels
- Hello magazine: 13 eco-friendly hotels to dream about
- Britain Magazine: 10 of Britain’s best hotels for Valentine’s Day
- Britain Magazine: 10 of the best hotels for Christmas and the New Year
- The Lady: 10 of the best spa hotels for self care in 2019
- Country Life: 10 gorgeously cosy hotels for a winter break
- Visit Bath: 5 of the most beautiful hotels in Bath
- Visit Britain: 10 utterly romantic hotels to stay in the UK
- The Lady: Top 10 romantic hotels for Valentine’s Day