Good Hotel Guide Review
On the quayside overlooking the estuary and salt marshes, in the luminous landscape of north Norfolk, Emma Stannard’s ‘lovely, comfortable’, child-friendly hotel gets another thumbs-up from a trusted reader. Bedrooms are smart and contemporary, with views of the water or south-facing gardens. Some have a balcony, maybe a four-poster; others open on to a patio and are ideal for guests with a dog. Interconnecting rooms suit a family; cots and extra beds can be supplied. Menus at lunch and dinner include locally farmed beef and lamb, local crab, Norfolk cheeses, sandwiches and platters (perhaps a Blakeney seafood plate). As well as two lounges, a bar, a billiard and games room, a mini-gym, steam and sauna room, there is ‘an excellent pool’ overlooking a sun terrace. Breakfast brings plenty of choice, though our reader was single-minded. ‘I had kippers for breakfast every morning, from the nearby Cley smokehouse – perfection.’ Birdwatchers are in their watery element in this part of the world, and a boat trip to Blakeney Point with its grey seals is certainly worth making. (David Sefton, SW)
64. 16 in Granary annexe opposite, some on ground floor, 1 suitable for disabled.
lift, lounges, bar, restaurant, in-room TV (Freeview), function facilities, heated indoor pool, steam room, mini-gym, games room, terrace, ¼-acre walled garden, public rooms wheelchair accessible, adapted toilet.
all ages welcomed.
allowed in some bedrooms, not in public rooms.
Amex, MC, Visa.
per person B&B £130–£215, D,B&B (2-night min.) £142–£227. À la carte £36, fixed-price dinner £34. 1-night bookings sometimes refused weekends, bank holidays.
Good Hotel Guide articles about
The Blakeney Hotel
- Eastern Daily Press: 10 of the top hotels to visit in Norfolk in 2019
- Country Life: 10 gorgeously cosy hotels for a winter break
- Woman and Home: Hotel rooms with the most incredible views in Britain and Ireland
- USA Today: 20 scenic seaside hotels in Great Britain
- The Lady: 10 family friendly hotels in the UK
- Daily Mail: The best of British
- The Independent: Ten of Britain’s best family friendly hotels
- Evening Standard: Five of the best hotels in Norfolk
- Independent.co.uk: Britain’s Best Hotel Rooms with a View