Good Hotel Guide Review
Readers again lavish praise on this quayside hotel – ‘one of the best run and best maintained in Britain' – in a ‘stunning setting looking over salt marsh’. Bedrooms, some singles, some for a family, include doubles with a Juliet balcony or roof terrace, suites and dog-friendly rooms with garden access. The style is modern country house, with a subtle, muted palette. ‘We indulged ourselves with a room looking over the salt marshes, with a small balcony, chairs and table, and bathed for a while in warm October sunshine.’ 'The beds are very comfortable and the bathrooms adequate.' Guests have ‘plenty of lounges and amenities’, while, in the dining room and on the terrace, you can mix and match from a daily and seasonal menu of locally produced or landed ingredients, ‘so lots of choice, all deliciously cooked’. For instance, grilled Dover sole, brown shrimps, caper and lemon brown butter; Norfolk Dapple cheese soufflé. ‘The Cley kippers are a real treat at breakfast.’ ‘The buffet was first rate, the orange freshly squeezed and the cooked meals prepared to order.’ (David Sowden, Anthony Bradbury, and others)
64. 16 in Granary annexe, some on ground floor, 1 suitable for disabled.
lift, 2 lounges, bar, restaurant, in-room TV, function facilities, heated indoor pool, steam room, mini-gym, games room, terrace, ¼-acre walled garden, public rooms wheelchair accessible, adapted toilet.
all ages welcomed, family rooms with bunk beds, cot £6, extra bed from £20, adult £45. High tea.
allowed in some bedrooms (£20 per night), not in public rooms.
Amex, MC, Visa.
B&B doubles from £348, singles from £153. Set-price 3-course menu £45. 1-night stays refused Fri, Sat, bank holidays.
Good Hotel Guide articles about
The Blakeney Hotel
- Eastern Daily Press: 10 of the top hotels to visit in Norfolk in 2019
- Country Life: 10 gorgeously cosy hotels for a winter break
- Woman and Home: Hotel rooms with the most incredible views in Britain and Ireland
- USA Today: 20 scenic seaside hotels in Great Britain
- The Lady: 10 family friendly hotels in the UK
- Daily Mail: The best of British
- The Independent: Ten of Britain’s best family friendly hotels
- Evening Standard: Five of the best hotels in Norfolk
- Independent.co.uk: Britain’s Best Hotel Rooms with a View