Good Hotel Guide Review
‘A wonderful reminder of the delight a well-run, imaginative hotel can offer,’ reads one of many good reports of this family-friendly hotel with shimmering vistas over estuary and salt marsh. There is a wide choice of fairly pricey, smart, contemporary rooms in three grades. The best have antiques, perhaps a four-poster, a patio or balcony. ‘Our A+ room in the Granary annexe was charming, with a very comfortable bed, a small but pleasant bathroom with under-floor heating.’ ‘Our rooms were classed B, but we need not have been anxious . . . What we lacked in views was well compensated for by the magnificent first-floor lounge with picture windows over the salt marsh and treats for lunch – seafood platter and crab sandwiches especially.’ In the restaurant, expect dishes such as seared cod with sweetcorn, ham hock, crab chowder, spinach and lemon. ‘The food exceeded expectations by a wide margin.’ ‘A good choice’ of breakfast dishes includes ‘kedgeree, undyed smoked haddock’. A boat trip to see the seals at Blakeney Point is a must. (JK Chothia, David Sowden, Lady Elizabeth Akenhead, and others)
64. 16 in Granary annexe, some on ground floor, 1 suitable for disabled.
lift, 2 lounges, bar, restaurant, in-room TV, function facilities, heated indoor pool, steam room, mini-gym, games room, terrace, ¼-acre walled garden, public rooms wheelchair accessible, adapted toilet.
all ages welcomed, family rooms with bunk beds, cot £6, extra bed from £20, adult £45.
allowed in some bedrooms (£20 per night), not in public rooms.
Amex, MC, Visa.
B&B doubles from £306, singles from £132. Set-price 3-course menu £40. 1-night stays refused Fri, Sat, bank holidays.
Good Hotel Guide articles about
The Blakeney Hotel
- Eastern Daily Press: 10 of the top hotels to visit in Norfolk in 2019
- Country Life: 10 gorgeously cosy hotels for a winter break
- Woman and Home: Hotel rooms with the most incredible views in Britain and Ireland
- USA Today: 20 scenic seaside hotels in Great Britain
- The Lady: 10 family friendly hotels in the UK
- Daily Mail: The best of British
- The Independent: Ten of Britain’s best family friendly hotels
- Evening Standard: Five of the best hotels in Norfolk
- Independent.co.uk: Britain’s Best Hotel Rooms with a View