Good Hotel Guide Review
Walks from the doorstep, views of Peak District hills, a peaceful garden, breakfast feasts and comfortable bedrooms… it’s no surprise that Underleigh wins so much praise. ‘An absolute gem!’ enthuses a reader who has been returning for five years. ‘The location is stunning', and the 'welcome is perfect with home-baked scones and tea'. Vivienne Taylor’s handsome stone longhouse has a pretty, colourful garden – ‘a bonus on warm days when you can enjoy the fresh air and scenery’ – and inside, there are glowing lamps and deep sofas in the fire-warmed lounge. Bedrooms, ‘with amazing views’, are elegant with pretty wallpaper, pale-painted furniture, an occasional antique, and are spotlessly clean. Three are suites with large sofas; one opens to the garden. Thoughtful touches include bathrobes and fresh milk. Breakfast, served at a large table in the beamed and flagged dining room, offers home-made bread and compotes, Aga-cooked porridge, eggs Benedict, and a full grill. ‘It kept us fuelled for the day.’ Vivienne can advise on walks. She is ‘the perfect host’ who ‘ensures guests are really well catered for’. 'Highly recommended and very good value for money.' (Penny Robb, David Preston, JE, SD, and others)
Lose Hill Lane
4. 3 suites, each with a private lounge.
all year except mid-Dec to mid-Feb.
lounge, breakfast room, in-room TV (Freeview), ¼-acre garden, EV charging, unsuitable for disabled.
not under 12, extra bed £20.
allowed in 1 suite by prior arrangement (no charge), not in public rooms.
Amex, MC, Visa.
B&B doubles from £125, 2-night min stay.
VisitEngland Five Star Guest Accommodation
Good Hotel Guide articles about
- Country Life: 10 award-winning hotels to visit in 2020
- The Lady: Award winning hotels to visit in 2020
- Cosmopolitan: The 10 best hotels in the UK have been named, perfect for your next staycation
- express.co.uk: UK’s 10 best hotels revealed
- Daily Mail: The very best of British
- Living Edge: 10 top hotels in Cheshire and near Manchester
- Visit Peak District: 5 truly romantic hotels in the Peak District and Derbyshire
- Sunday Post: Top 10 hotels in the Peak District
- Stoke Sentinel: Top 10 hotels in the Peak District